Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2002, 04:23 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Should I add a Might and Magic Forum?

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-02-2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

I've never played it myself, but heard alot of people talk about it...enough to warrant a forum...

and what harm can it do except make the IW better?
Old 04-02-2002, 04:29 PM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Ziroc, is that Might & Magic only or will it include Heroes of Might & Magic as well? HOMM4 got released one of these weeks, IIRC, and I'll have to confess I'm not as interested in the Might & Magic game as such, while I'm a great fan of the Heroes of Might & Magic series.
Even though I'm not sure if there's much about Heroes to discuss in a message board form, though... Most of it will be players looking for other players to play games with I think.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:35 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Ziroc, is that Might & Magic only or will it include Heroes of Might & Magic as well? HOMM4 got released one of these weeks, IIRC, and I'll have to confess I'm not as interested in the Might & Magic game as such, while I'm a great fan of the Heroes of Might & Magic series.
Even though I'm not sure if there's much about Heroes to discuss in a message board form, though... Most of it will be players looking for other players to play games with I think.
[img]smile.gif[/img] , the last MM game I played to completion was Might and Magic 3. Speaking of 'Magic' named games, anyone ever play Magic Candle? I thought that was a cool game.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-02-2002, 05:44 PM   #5
Arvon
Unicorn

There already is a place for this form. Look at http://www.3do.com/community/index.html .They are already covering both HOMMIV and MMIX. For any one who cares the games are out.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 04-02-2002, 05:46 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
There already is a place for this form. Look at http://www.3do.com/community/index.html .They are already covering both HOMMIV and MMIX. For any one who cares the games are out.
Sure, you're right, I know of that place. But there are other Baldurs Gate boards around as well, including the official ones hosted by the companies who released it. But that shouldn't hold Ziroc from adding a special forum for it over here, I'd say. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2002, 05:51 PM   #7
Sir Michael
Manshoon

Ziroc, you surprise me...we've already had this discussion. YES!!! You should add a M&M forum!
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 04-02-2002, 07:28 PM   #8
Nydlari
Manshoon

I want to change my vote, I said yes before I got the game. Now that I've played it for a while, I'd have to say it has absolutely nooooo place on an RPG site, cause this one isn't an RPG. They've made the complete cross-over to FPS and it sucks. The game consists of aiming the mouse and clicking the left button as fast as possible. There is no need to discuss that.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:33 PM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Unless you hold heated debates over what angle and position to hold the index finger in while clicking, or indeed, whether to use the index finger or a different one.
Sorry, couldn't help myself there
Old 04-02-2002, 07:39 PM   #10
Nydlari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Unless you hold heated debates over what angle and position to hold the index finger in while clicking, or indeed, whether to use the index finger or a different one.
Sorry, couldn't help myself there
Actualy, this could become a really helpful topic. When I was lost in Wiz8, I'd play for so long my wrist would start getting sore. I nice discusion on proper use of the mouse to avoid injury is just what this board needs. [img]smile.gif[/img]