Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2002, 05:46 AM   #1
Guardian Jarelia (TGOD)
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What do you think which class or kit will become the strongest of them all. TOB included.

I think Kensai/Mage will become the strongest dualclassed at level 12.
I hope you will do your own opinion.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:59 AM   #2
Jan

I finished ToB with a level 40 berserker. When enraged his AC was -24 and he had about 270 in HP. He rocked. He was more then strong enough.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:01 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

My level 40 kensei hit for about 40 damages every time, but I think it is a question of playing styles.

I also leveled a sorcerer to 40, but I don't like that. I get my fun out of mindlessly bashing everything that get in my way.
Old 02-28-2002, 06:12 AM   #4
samoza
The Magister

Monks are extremely powerful and because they level up quicker than most other classes it means they get amazing well quickly!!! Huge amounts of damage can be dealt out with them, massive magic resistance and low ac, god i love them!
Old 02-28-2002, 06:50 AM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Flame me but i intend to play ToB with an AssAssSin
Old 02-28-2002, 09:04 AM   #6
Gheital
Dungeon Master

Does berserk stage become more powerfull with levels in TOB? Because I have SOA and TDD and in the kit descreption doesn't mention anything about berserk getting better.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:16 AM   #7
Gheital
Dungeon Master

I almost forgot.

I'm soloing Kensai/Mage. I dueled at level 16. (hell of a job to get to level 17 as a mage [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Now I'm level 16/20.

Just today I fighted Firkraag. It was my first real try. I've tried to kill it with my party(low level) couple of times when I wasn't soloing, but I just got my arse kicked [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, I thought that I'm going to lose because I'm only level 16/20 and soloing. Well, I thought that I'll just try pure hack&slash couple of times.

So I casted all of my protecive spells on me and attacked.

After a couple of seconds I thought that I just can't win this. But then I started hitting him pretty well and he failed in whatever he tried [img]smile.gif[/img] . At some point he was 'Near Death' but then he healed himself totally. I thought that this was the final strike for me but I decided to try.

Hmm... and so, I just killed him

I was surprised how easy the fight really was. Considering that I succeed with my first try.

And here's a screenie of a moment when I was happy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2002, 10:02 AM   #8
Foo
Dungeon Master

Gheital--I've started my first solo as Kensai dualed to mage at level 12. Now I'm 15/12, but my problem is where to find higher-level spells? Like level 6-7? Specifically Project Image??

I haven't gone to the underdark yet (where I know I'll get better spells), because I want to do more of the quests such as the Planar Sphere and Planar prison for the exp before I go... My next task to to get my mitts on Celestial Fury!!

What weapons do you use? I've gone with long swords/katanas and dual-weapon style.

What spells/strategies can you share?

Wow, getting to levl 17 as a mage must have been tough! I bet liberal use of Prot from Normal/Magical Weapons would help out heaps
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 10:23 AM   #9
Gheital
Dungeon Master

Foo, I don't where to find high level spells (except stores). But I'd like to find protection from normal weapons and protection from mafic weapons. Actually, I don't even have any good 5 level spells [img]smile.gif[/img]

I use Celestial Fury, but I think I'm going to buy that Katana+2 (gives 1 extra 1st-4th level spell) from Adventurers Market. I'm using only one weapon and I have 2 stars in one weapon style, so I get AC bonus of 2 when using just one weapon.

I use (almost in every fight) Stoneskin, Mirror Image, Fire Shield(it does damage to the monster that is attacking you), Haste, Blur, Ghost Armor or Spirit Armor.

If you got attacked by several monsters, Teleport Field is good. It teleports opponents all around the field and at that time you can cast your protection spells. It's a 4th level spell and you can find it pretty early. I just can't remember where [img]smile.gif[/img]

With ring of protection+1, ring of earth control (-1 AC), -2 AC for using one weapon, Blur, Spirit Armor I get my AC to -12.

And with Mirror Image and Stoneskin I can take about 15 hits without damage at all.

And I have Robe of Vecna so I can cast spells pretty quikly, my magic resistance is 10% and my AC is -5.

I hope this helped.

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Gheital ]

Old 02-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #10
Foo
Dungeon Master

Yes, I can recommend Dak'kon's Zerth blade from the Ad Mart. The AC and spell bonus is well worth it. I keep it in my off-hand and use whatever else I need to in main hand, usually a long sword, but sometimes upgraded Mace of Disruption, Flail of Ages depending on my foe.

Prot from Normal Weapons was the only way I could get past the Rakshasas (Ihtafeer?) that are part of the Trademeet djini quest when I was mage only. Otherwise they kicked my butt hard!!
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote