Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2001, 12:06 PM   #11
skier9205
Manshoon

Does it matter where you store your stuff???

I keep my stuff in the bookcases behind Ribald at the Adventurers Mart. It won't get stolen, will it?
Old 11-24-2001, 01:34 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by skier9205:
Does it matter where you store your stuff???

I keep my stuff in the bookcases behind Ribald at the Adventurers Mart. It won't get stolen, will it?

In terms of roleplay integrity yes.

Would you leave your valuables down the road in a cupboard of a supermarket?

Would you leave them in a garbage bin by the side of the road?

No the game won't have them "stolen", but are we roleplaying here or what?

If I were a Palladin, I wouldn't own anything, but the spare weapons I did, I'd want them in my cell at the Order.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 11-24-2001, 04:47 PM   #13
SecretMaster
Apophis

I did what Skier did, after all, it is the most frequent place you visit for SoA.
Old 11-24-2001, 09:42 PM   #14
Magness
Quintesson

I like to store my loose gear behind the A-mart near a barrel of yellow fruit (?). There's a circular medallion on the wall that is a great storage spot. I like it because it is SO close to the A-mart that if I want to sell off some of my collected junk, it's just a short walk to the store, rather than a major hike.

The only exception to this was when I played an Archer, I stored some stuff in my ranger cabin stronghold while I was cleaning up the quests on the "eastern" side of the world map. Once those quests were completed, I loaded up my junk and headed back to the big city, sold off the junky stuff and stored the good stuff in my storage spot described above.

It really makes things easier to keep your storage spot near a good store.
Old 11-25-2001, 04:54 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
I like to store my loose gear behind the A-mart near a barrel of yellow fruit (?). There's a circular medallion on the wall that is a great storage spot. I like it because it is SO close to the A-mart that if I want to sell off some of my collected junk, it's just a short walk to the store, rather than a major hike.

The only exception to this was when I played an Archer, I stored some stuff in my ranger cabin stronghold while I was cleaning up the quests on the "eastern" side of the world map. Once those quests were completed, I loaded up my junk and headed back to the big city, sold off the junky stuff and stored the good stuff in my storage spot described above.

It really makes things easier to keep your storage spot near a good store.

There's a market in the Umar Hills.

Old 11-25-2001, 06:49 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

In terms of roleplay integrity yes.

Would you leave your valuables down the road in a cupboard of a supermarket?

Would you leave them in a garbage bin by the side of the road?

No the game won't have them "stolen", but are we roleplaying here or what?

If I were a Palladin, I wouldn't own anything, but the spare weapons I did, I'd want them in my cell at the Order.

Dead right. I would probably keep the paladin's items in some spare chest at the Order HQ. It's very annoying that you can't sleep in your room - it must have something to do with there being "no rest for the goodly folk!"

Old 11-25-2001, 10:47 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Balderdash has a patch which fixes the bug that disallowed Paladins from resting in their own stronghold.
Old 11-25-2001, 03:59 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Balderdash has a patch which fixes the bug that disallowed Paladins from resting in their own stronghold.

Hey! Where? I checked!!! I checked again after this thread! Bloody heck am I blind?!

Are you sure? I don't want to scour the bloody site again....

Old 11-25-2001, 04:08 PM   #19
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Dead right. I would probably keep the paladin's items in some spare chest at the Order HQ. It's very annoying that you can't sleep in your room - it must have something to do with there being "no rest for the goodly folk!"

LOL!! I thought it was "no rest for the wicked!" [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2001, 11:29 PM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hey! Where? I checked!!! I checked again after this thread! Bloody heck am I blind?!
Are you sure? I don't want to scour the bloody site again....

It is under the SoA Bugfix list, somewhere at the bottom, here is the download link for your convenience.

http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/SoAf...Stronghold.zip