Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-10-2001, 08:59 PM   #11
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Elhardo:
NOOOOOOOOOO.....
I can't get it untill a while later because of my GCSE's!!!
AHHHHHH im gonna go mad during them..Well not really, but I dont wanna spoil my chances
LOL

I bought BG2 just before some exams for my degree, a very stupid thing to do. I ended up giving the CDs to a mate to look after, because I wasn't getting any work done.

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 08:19 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quoted By Avatar:
Quote:
release date 31st May!!! is this world wide.

Avatar, don't believe everything you hear, unless it is from the makers of the game. Just today, on their home site, someone asked:
quote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Destin Thron:
Just a quick question. WHEN IS THRONE OF BAHL GOING TO BE RELEASED?? I've got my character just waiting to get more experience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon!

--------------------

Kevin Martens
Design

Why did Kevin not say May 31st today? He has no reason to not be truethful.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF
Old 05-11-2001, 08:32 AM   #13
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

[quote]Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Quoted By Avatar:
Quote:
release date 31st May!!! is this world wide.

Avatar, don't believe everything you hear, unless it is from the makers of the game. Just today, on their home site, someone asked:
quote:
Quote:
Larry,

Have you ever been on a product development team? I am a Project Manager and also a Web Designer/Developer/Master. I can say from experience in both the IT world and the Manufacturing that you *never* let anyone external to the company itself pin you down to a specific date. One would imagine that those programmers would rather die than be tied down to a firm commercial release date.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-11-2001, 08:42 AM   #14
Nazgūl
Manshoon

Sarevok!? how does that work?
Old 05-11-2001, 09:19 AM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Throntar: Yes, I understand that concept, very well. Thus when Avatar spoke about May 31st, I mentioned that he should not believe it. I know myself that it will be after May 31st.

Did you think I was agreeing with his announcement because of my choice of wording in the thread? My apologies for not being more clear in my language.

(The only reason I am writing this response is so nobody will think that I am going around preaching May 31st like an idiot, when I know it is not going to happen. This is not a defensive attack on you).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 09:52 AM   #16
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I wouldn't expect it to be may 31st. There would be reviews about it everywhere if it was. Electronics boutique here in Australia has a July 5th release date, I imagine it would be a month or so earlier in the US.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:58 AM   #17
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Throntar: Yes, I understand that concept, very well. Thus when Avatar spoke about May 31st, I mentioned that he should not believe it. I know myself that it will be after May 31st.

Did you think I was agreeing with his announcement because of my choice of wording in the thread? My apologies for not being more clear in my language.

(The only reason I am writing this response is so nobody will think that I am going around preaching May 31st like an idiot, when I know it is not going to happen. This is not a defensive attack on you).
Hi Larry!

No. I didn't feel attacked at all. I was just emphasizing your point that the release dates are typically fabricated by Mgmt. and/or merchants who have no real idea. I was merely agreeing with your point by stating that in RL programmers seriously resist being pinned to completion dates. So...I agree with your assessment and expect to see the expansion completed more like the end of June, personally.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-11-2001, 12:53 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the reply! It is very easy to misunderstand on another's intentions in mere typed words, isn't it? I think that is why so many people get so easily offended, that they leave the board, thinking that we are attacking them, when in truth, that was not the intention.
Cheers!

------------------

Old 05-11-2001, 02:59 PM   #19
Vampire

July the 5th.....what!!!!!
I have my A-levels but what am I supposed to do? Plat BG2 21 times?
I wish they would hurry up.
I got my info from
http://www.gonegold.com

When is Neverwinternights out?
Old 05-11-2001, 03:03 PM   #20
BladeMaster

Hey I played BG1 21 times

------------------