Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 11:50 PM   #1
Akaina
Welcomed New User

Howdy

I just started with a Bard and I've worked on Charisma. I've gotten some pretty sweet gifts which I'll attribute to it, but for some reason during the first mission, every merchant beyond the first one found in the training area gives me TERRIBLE prices. I'm alligned good, and have don't nothing particularly offensive offhand or Aribeth or anyone else.

So I'm 50lbs overweight and I'm looking for a way to sell my tons of stuff without getting ripped off.
for instance: two handed sword

100 gold to buy at first merchant
150 beyond first merchant
65 gold to sell it back at first merchant
35 to sell beyond first merchant

Do the merchants get really cool when I complete my missions and wipe out the prisoners and find the Waterdhavians?
Old 07-25-2002, 12:03 AM   #2
Deathmage
The Magister

Well, the first merchant gives you a much better price then others. All others, as far as I'm concerned...
Old 07-25-2002, 04:57 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah Olgerd is the best priced Merchant.... the rest are all generally about 65% buy pric and 125% SELL PRICE iirc
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 05:01 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

O I almost forgot.... WELCOME TO IW [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 05:34 AM   #5
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

you will NEVER get back what you payed for. you will only get 65% back or so. IIRC
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 11:32 AM   #6
Akaina
Welcomed New User

65% would be a god-send.
35% is all I'm getting right now and it sucks.
I'm going to walk around heavy until the merchants stop being so cheap.

Any known remidies for this would be thankfully accepted.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:00 PM   #7
Kerneth
The Magister

As far as I know, there are no remedies. I just sell stuff for what I can get, but I hate walking around slow because I'm carrying 3 suits of armor I desperately need to pawn off.

Speaking of, has anyone else noticed that Fighters and Paladins have a sick advantage starting out in terms of cash? My Paladin, in the Prelude, found 1 chainmail, 1 splintmail, 1 breastplate, and 1 suit of half-plate armor, plus the chainmail he started out with. Versus my Monk finding...well...shurikens.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:19 PM   #8
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

i dont know about you guys but i really like the way merchants do that as it gives depth of character so your dealing with struggling immoral and sometimes criminals i really like it if one of the however pisses of my nuetral mage then its fireball time hehe
Old 07-25-2002, 03:46 PM   #9
AndyG
Elminster

Don't worry about how much the merchants pay you. This game is so loot heavy that you'll have more gp than you know what to do with before too much longer. The loot you get at level 3 is pretty bad, but it gets much better as you level up. Just sell off all that stuff, and go find some more.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 01:27 AM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

ya and buy all the magic bags of HOLDING you can find.. its worth it!!!

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote