Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 06:55 AM   #1
Wedin

I thought I was good. I thought I had a kick-ass party.
I thought the Improved Balthazar wouldn't be able to scratch me on the back.
I was wrong.
Any tips how to get rid of him?
Old 02-19-2002, 07:11 AM   #2
Jan

Smack him with all your thanks. I did it and he was yesterdays news in no time. They actually pounded him too fast if you ask me.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
Wedin

The Improved version of him?
Old 02-19-2002, 08:04 AM   #4
Jan

Sorry no tips from me. Have no tip. My tanks did the job.

Try summon helpers. Use spells.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:07 AM   #5
Jan

How many tanks do you have?

You should be able to kill him. I was actually drunk the time I smacked he. So go get him tiger, grrr.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:42 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Concentrate everybody on Balthazar; ignore his henchmen. Breach, Lower Resistance, Pierce Shield against him to remove any protections. Lesser/Greater Whirlwind and Critical Strike to hit him hard and fast. Power Blow might stun him for a bit. You know, the usual stuff.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 11:47 AM   #7
Helspanth
Quintesson

Azred is right.
Totaly ignore the other monks and hit Balthazar as hard as you can.Summon an elemental prince or a deva as well.
He shall go down fast.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:49 PM   #8
Wedin

The other monks is taken out with two Dragon Breath and some beating.
But Balthazar is hard! He does his Faster than the Eye and run away from my tanks, and the GW is out when they reach him.
He stuns and Holds my characters, beat them hard. I throwed 3 Lowers res and one pierce magic, Abi Dalzim still had no effect. How to beat him?
I have a level 30 sourc, level 32 Korgan (crom fayer), level 30 sarevok (the Leveldraining twohanded-sword +5). Also have Viconia and Jan on similar levels.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:43 PM   #9
Wedin

Has has also 350 HP and is Imune to Timestop
Old 02-19-2002, 03:41 PM   #10
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Level 30 sorc should be all you need for this one, the rest are just gravy. Contrary to what everyone else is saying, I took care of his buddies first.

Room pre the battle, cast PI and summon as many Skely warriors as you got. Finish with some buffing spells on the rest of the party. Wait for that PI to "die", or keep casting Wish till he's gone.

Second PI summons more Skeleys. Group goes in to initiate the battle, surrounded by the Skeleys. Don't worry about Balthazar, send your tanks to hit his other guys while you cast time stop. The skelys should provide a buffer for a bit. When the TS kicks in, alacrity, then ADHW as many times as you can at his buddies. Finish with a couple spider spawns for more fodder.

He is immune to TS, but you should still get the spells off. You could also use your actual Sorc to go in, then you could have 3 pierce shields in a trigger for Balthazar, then the ADHW would actually hurt him too.

Anyway, lets say his buddies are dead and most of your fodder is as well. The usual tactics work now, Haste eveyone, use a couple whirlwinds, and get your MU's to keep casting pierce shield and lower resistance, and greater malison....

Might want to consider using different weapons. The Flail of ages has a shot at slowing him, which is a big help. Offset your whirlwinds so one starts while in the middle of someone elses, so you are never without one. Wait for him to come to your tanks, and let your MU's cast whatever they want(a PI can get a lot of Planetar's into the battle)

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Lord Ludtke ]