Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-15-2001, 07:22 PM   #11
Chaos Weapon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In my game Valygar with a +3 spear would do approximately 19-22 damage per hit, twice a round. With dual wield he did 14-19 damage three times a round. Using minimum values that is 38 for two handed and 42 for dual. Not much of a differece unless your strength is very high. If you strength is high, then use dual because the damage modifier is used 3+ times instead of only 2-2 1/2 times.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:54 PM   #12
Sentinel04
The Magister

It all depends on SO much. I usually have someone dual wield and someone use a two hander.

Dunno, that's just me.

------------------

Baldur's Gate and DBZ should combine!
Old 03-15-2001, 10:56 PM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel04:
It all depends on SO much. I usually have someone dual wield and someone use a two hander.

Dunno, that's just me.

I got two 2hders in my party, minsc and Keldron, a berserking Korgan, and a monk myself. haha, my god, my party deal out so much freaking damage, everyone just dies!!

Old 03-16-2001, 12:59 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by el_kalkylus:
If you use Crom Faeyr at your offhand, then you can backstab even more damage.

Sorry El Kalk, but you can't backstab with a blunt weapon.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-16-2001, 01:07 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Sorry El Kalk, but you can't backstab with a blunt weapon.

Unless you mean getting a damage bonus for the 25 strength, then you're absolutely right.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-16-2001, 01:11 AM   #16
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Indeed, but that depends which weapon hit the enemy first, I've noticed either successful backstab (my long sword connects first) or got a message saying "inappropriate weapon for backstabbing (or something like that....don't quote me on this one)", when Crom Faeyr connects first.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-16-2001, 01:55 AM   #17
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Don't know about all this two handed/dual weapons talk but...I look so damm studly packing two Katanas, or longswords. Kinda sold it for my main character right their. On my other characters I switch between 2-handers, 2 weapons, and weapon and shield. Just depends on the situation. right now Minsc (prolly inspired by the drow) is packing Crom Faeyr and the Flail of Ages(were is a golem when you want one!)

Which is better depends on how well trained you are and level. Duel weilding has some big THACO penialities, and you really need all three slots in dual weilding to work them off. That is just to get your THAC0 back to normal. Wile two slots in the 2-hander gives you better crits and faster swing time. So I would say that at lower levels the advantage is to the 2-hander.

Dual weilding gives you an extra attack, and Katanas do almost as much damage as a two-hander, so at mid to higher levels (where BGII takes place) I'm sure two weapons are better than one biggen'. I go with dual weilding as the most powerfull, though slightly.

In RL I've practiced sword fighting, and am kinda good. I fight with two 32" swords (wooden not real), and have little trouble whooping two-handers ass, even people useing Japanese Samuri styles. Simply put, two blades are better than one.

Just ask the drow.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-16-2001, 12:45 PM   #18
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Unless you mean getting a damage bonus for the 25 strength, then you're absolutely right.

Yes of course, that is why I said offhand. Congratulations by the way. Now you have power.