Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2001, 06:16 PM   #1
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*IF YOU HAVEN´T FINISHED THE GAME, DON´T READ*

Well, I guess that a lot of people, like me, almost fell in to tears when realizing the fact that the BG saga is over. A better game has never been created, and now it is at end
I also guess that a lot of you also liked your char very much, and he became like a second part of you... So for me anyways... I would like to start a contest of the most gripping char tale spinning from BG1 to ToB. I start as a judge, and if anyone else would like to judge to, just say so!
But I will also send in my tragic story of Zayron Benluz, the hero turned evil:

Zayron grew up in the world of Mundana, in the land of Agor.
Growing up with his mother in a tiny village, he early got to learn how to take responsibility.
One day the Valorians, the imperialistic state north of Agor, stormed his hometown. Zayron survived, but all his friends, and even his mother died. Only he and his uncle Rafaeli survived. They both swore revenge. At the age of 15, Zayron and his uncle started the Liberation Army. It made progress the first year, gaining back the small countries of Vidana and Nuchk.

When Zayron turned 19, he got a message in his sleep from the God of Heroes, Elfrahim. He told Zayron that the Gods of the Multiverse had chosen him for a task, to save other worlds from evil and injustice, and that Zayron`s potential was huge. His first mission would be to
save the world of Faerun from some madman called Sarevok.

He was taken cared by of Gorion, who schooled him to be a ranger, as he thought that was Zayron`s potential. Together with Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Safana, Ajantis and Yesslick he saved Faerun. The test had been past, and now the real challenge stood before him ,the world of Tibia.

Tibia was a world in chaos, the forces always fighting each other and the innocent always victims. Zayron learned the way of Tibia by his sensei, Cypher. He learnt that he must join a guild to survive.
He joined ``The Brotherhood of Alioth``. Zayron became close friend to one
of Tibias mightiest persons and also the guild-leader, Aureus. He re-schooled Zayron to a Kensai.

Although Zayron fought many evil beasts and men, he couldn’t stop evil from taking over in Tibia.
The Gods of the Multiverse punished him, he may not return to Mundana, he had to save Faerun once again.
They didn’t tell him about the content of the mission though.

When Zayron now returns, he is 30 years older (39). 30 Tibia-years has past, although, in Faerun, only one year has passed. Time travel zones....

He is now a more determined man, older, stronger, and fights even more for the power of goodness.

The final failure: Zayron had done many good things throughout Amn, and he was now going to face his own demons and Irenicus. He made it through all the tests, but one thing was polluting his heart. Pride. He was not greedy, selfish or scared, but he lacked in pride and
also couldn’t control his anger when he met Sarevok. This changed Zayron, realising he was
evil, and his mind changed after defeating Irenicus.
He took off; leaving behind is love Aerie and all his friends just to spread his hatred. The
Gods abandoned him, and he became a raving madman... He followed up with Erak and together
they would spread their evil ways!

END: After defeating Melissan, Zayron chose, not suprisingly, to take Bhaals, the God of murder, place in the Phaeton. The Gods were of course worried that Zayron would demand revenge for the injustice (in his mad mind) directed against him.
The plan of the Gods had gone miserably wrong, and as Zayron entered the home of the Gods everyone knew that changes were around the corner...
Zayron, the God, started by spreading chaos across the Sword Coast and asking his followers
to start holy wars against other orders. Some day, he will take Aos place as the Overgod...

Hope you enjoyed it!
Also it would be interesting to see which NPC you think had the best ending?
In my opinion: Keldorn -really good, I almost cried and also the romance part of Jaheira.
Zayron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 06:24 PM   #2
Zayron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I also have my chaotic neutral char (and a good one, but his story is boooring). Here is the one of Kali von Kpoz:

You can get the impression that Kali was surely dropped headfirst when he was a baby, but his story is rather tragic. He hails from the North from a rather wealthy noble family. His father tried in vain to raise Kali to become a nobleman, but Kalis mind was to occupied with other things so he got beaten up a lot.
When Kali was 14 years old he killed his parents and his brother and ran away from home. Frustrated he settled down in a village called Bunnakoping north of Baldur`s Gate. He went into begging and started doing that for a living. At this point he was looked upon as rather mad, and he started singing in the streets.
He couldn’t stand to live in one place for a long time, so when he was 17 he moved around to settle down for a while in Candlekeep. His songs are inspired from his travels, and many thinks they are often quite good, but the lyrics is not suitable for noble people or children. Explicit lyrics so to speak. His friend Gorion cared for him, although Sarewok murdered him. Kali went out after his brother and defeated him.

Kali can be stable at times, but that can change so he all of a sudden accuse ale of not
being a fluid, or attacks apples because they are
to lazy. This is reflected in some of his songs:
"Deer’s"
"Surely I meet deer’s
sometimes,
oh, how I despise their
rhymes!
They come along and
disturbs me writing
I can hardly stop
fighting
AHGHARZZZZ I say!
EVIL SPIRITS GO
AWAY!!!
They accuse ME of being
mad,
oh their heads will be
had!
Die everyone who defiles
me!
I can kill you all, you’ll
see!..."
Some people in taverns, often the more shabby ones, think these songs are rather hilarious,
why Kali can make a living.

Kali is a very difficult person to deal with. He seems to be tormented by his mind and wants to try all sorts of things. He is rather clever and smart, but afraid of his inner ghosts from when he killed his family. He is not mad in the sentence; he still holds a grip off the world. He is
often though arrogant, cocky and hates certain people. He loves schemes, and storeys of
betrayal and the like is one of his bigger passions. He is a charismatic person when it comes to ladies, although I wouldn’t recommend falling in love with him. His love for people in general is very short-spanned to say the least.

END: When Kali faced the option of becoming a God, his love for the drow Viconia made him not to. He also asked one wish, for the deva to rid him of his madness. His wish was granted, and Kali and Viconia lived happily together for a rather long time. Kali grew to be a wise and sensible man, loved by many. Some stories do end happily I suppose…

Now I would like to read yours!

Zayron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 08:24 PM   #3
Lestat
Manshoon

I'm too lazy, but here's a one sentence summery: Paladin kills brother, kills mage and weird person, becomes god.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:41 PM   #4
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

If I made a char...... this is his story.....

After Absorbing Tempast, Gwhanos was his own person.
He killed a guy called Saervok, and met an impressive exiled elven mage, but was no match for the fury of Gwhanos! A wierd lady tricked him; Melissan is now spending her abyssal time disembered and disfigured and headless!
Gwhanos, Rising to power, cast a shadow of darkness across the land; hr opened the gates to Hell and released all the demons and the most terrible evils the world has ever seen! Gwhanos is now at his peak; God of Murder!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!
Old 09-06-2001, 01:54 AM   #5
Ixion
Dungeon Master

I Agree with Lestat in his Heroes walk...oh but i add. slaughterd the entire popoulation of Amn and Trademeet. Every street and every house cowerd with the bodies of the dead. Viconina and Korgan going into Ecstasy.

------------------
When Ixion the mage walks, the world shivers. (old BG saying)
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote