Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-17-2001, 06:32 PM   #31
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

I can see you point of view very clearly, but just remember that this world is full of surprises. Love should be unconditional. What happens if during the teen years the child turns away from you as many children do…This could go on for many years during this period. Would you love him or her any less? The love is not nurtued uring this period, but this is when children will need your love the most.

------------------
Old 08-17-2001, 10:15 PM   #32
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by nick1979:
I can see you point of view very clearly, but just remember that this world is full of surprises. Love should be unconditional. What happens if during the teen years the child turns away from you as many children do…This could go on for many years during this period. Would you love him or her any less? The love is not nurtued uring this period, but this is when children will need your love the most.

I honestly wish it were as simple as you say.
There is only one love in my life.
My children will never mean as much to me, nor ever get in the way of the love I have for my wife.
She means so much more to me than any child could ever.
My parents will die, my friends will die, my children may even die before me. But the only loss that will drive me to insanity would be my wife.
She is the only one that matters to me.
I give her everything.
She is the one I made vows to.
She is the one that lifts me and helps me through a rough day.
She is the one that educates me with her brilliance.
She is the one that holds me together.
I depend on her alone.
I mean that.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Old 08-17-2001, 11:02 PM   #33
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I honestly wish it were as simple as you say.
There is only one love in my life.
My children will never mean as much to me, nor ever get in the way of the love I have for my wife.
She means so much more to me than any child could ever.
My parents will die, my friends will die, my children may even die before me. But the only loss that will drive me to insanity would be my wife.
She is the only one that matters to me.
I give her everything.
She is the one I made vows to.
She is the one that lifts me and helps me through a rough day.
She is the one that educates me with her brilliance.
She is the one that holds me together.
I depend on her alone.
I mean that.
Wow. That was beautiful. How wonderful for you both, and how wise. May you both always feel this way. I hope you showed this post to your wife Larry. Better yet, print it out and frame it! I hope all you guys out there are listening and taking notes on this! Wow.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 11:06 PM   #34
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Larry I respect your opinion and thanks for a great discussion that I am sure made us all think. I can see where you are coming from even though we disagree.

------------------

[This message has been edited by nick1979 (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 11:33 PM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Larry I respect your opinion and thanks for a great discussion that I am sure made us all think. I can see where you are coming from even though we disagree.

Most people here seem to agree with me to a large extent.
Only those that do not have children seem to not understand the concept as well.

------------------

Old 08-17-2001, 11:38 PM   #36
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Well I don't have I child that "i created" I do have a step son that I have been with since he was 6 weeks old. So I understand the crying, whining, sleepless nights, and all that comes with a baby. I did not have a part in his creation I love him just the same. So I can see where you are coming from.

------------------

[This message has been edited by nick1979 (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 11:51 PM   #37
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Well I don't have I child that "i created" I do have a step son that I have been with since he was 6 weeks old. So I understand the crying, whining, sleepless nights, and all that comes with a baby. I did not have a part in his creation I love him just the same. So I can see where you are coming from.

Thanks.
I did not realize that you had a son.
Besides reading these posts, (most of them made me feel better about myself) was the fact that I can share this with Karen alot easier. I can usually write down more from the heart than I can with actual spoken words, because sometimes it takes me so long to express my true feelings. After Karen has been reading these posts, she sees my side more clearly, understands my point of view, and acepts me for who I am, and has told me that I am not wrong for feeling this way. This post has really helped the two of us place our cards on the
table and discuss it. I am glad I have her here to support me, as well as all of you.!

------------------

Old 08-18-2001, 01:06 AM   #38
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

looks up and down the monitor scribbling in his notebook called "would be father"

a simple picnic and going someplace near yet isolated is not that hard and expensive right? thats a good remedy

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-18-2001, 08:38 PM   #39
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:

LOLOLOL! I know I don't blame you for hoping she grows older quickly! I enjoyed them being babies til they were about ... ohhh ... 2 weeks old? I was ready for conversation & cuteness long before they were able to provide that. That doesn't mean I didn't love them tremendously and I did care for them very well --- but I felt like they were a hell of a lot of work til they were about 18 months, when they discovered words. (Now you all probably think I was a bad mother ... but I'm just being honest about my feelings. My behavior was just fine. )
But as I've said many times before, my favorite quote on babies comes from Bill Cosby. "Babies are false advertising" That is true in ALL ways.. so cute you think you want one, and decide to have one, not suspecting that it's a lifelong committment like no other. And they are so dependent and exhausting as infants --- but things DO get better!! They DO grow up.
Now Biliboy, how could we possibly ever be misled into thinking that you were a bad mother ? After all, you are SuperMom ! And wasn't that you I saw flying past my window the other day wearing that fancy uniform with the emblem of a red "S" over a feeding bottle on the chest ?

This thread has provided me with interesting insights and I've really enjoyed reading it.

Fortunately, none of the issues discussed here will ever affect me as I am not planning on having children. I'll rather have only Zoes: the great thing about them is that they are already at age 5, thus cute as hell, when they are delivered and that they will never grow older than 9, thus avoiding the troubles of puberty !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 08-18-2001, 10:31 PM   #40
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Now Biliboy, how could we possibly ever be misled into thinking that you were a bad mother ? After all, you are SuperMom! And wasn't that you I saw flying past my window the other day wearing that fancy uniform with the emblem of a red "S" over a feeding bottle on the chest ?

This thread has provided me with interesting insights and I've really enjoyed reading it.

Fortunately, none of the issues discussed here will ever affect me as I am not planning on having children. I'll rather have only Zoes: the great thing about them is that they are already at age 5, thus cute as hell, when they are delivered and that they will never grow older than 9, thus avoiding the troubles of puberty !
Nooooo It couldn't have been me!! I breastfed all of my kids! Besides, I was wearing my blonde wig..... *oops* I mean I have no idea who that could have been.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 08-18-2001).]