Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2001, 10:21 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

**WARNING RANT COMING**

I just saw it. What a load of utter bollocks!! Unbelievable. The ending didn't bother me at all, what goes around comes around. It was the bit just *before* the ending...ewwww!!! Those of you who have watched it will know just what ewwwww!!! I'm talking about.

Sure the special effects, action scenes, etc. were quite impressive and saved this movie from being a total loss, but I would have enjoyed it more if I'd brought my Discman with me and played O Fortuna over and over again, as the dialogue from Dirk Diggler (as I never found out what Mark Wahlberg, or anyone else for that matter called their characters) was really nothing to write home about. In Ari the noble chimpess, Tim Burton has created one of the most annoying screen characters ever. Can anyone say "martyr complex"?? Her and the good general would've made a perfect couple, come to think of it.

Thank God Estella Warren got cast in this movie otherwise I'd seriously think of asking for my money back.

**RANT OVER**

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 10:31 AM   #22
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

I agree with the genie, it was complete and utter crap, from begining to end.

Any film in which you can guess the main plot from the first half hour has some problems... and the ending just stinks.

The best actor was undoubtably the little chimp.

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 12:09 AM   #23
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, i havent seen the movie yet, but i dont think im ever going to. i never really was, considering that it just looked soo STUPID in the previews! also, did they feel a need to redo an entire movie, and make it into a 15 million dollar thing when they could have just left the original as it is and just make a new movie for about the same price? (if this is sounding familiar to anyone, im sorry.) but if theyre gonna redo it, they can at least give it a good ending (from what i hear, the ending is crap). and there are no memorable lines like the first. of course, i dont think anything can match up to 'Get your hands off me you damn dirty apes!' simply a classic...

------------------
With each kill, I grow wiser, and with added wisdom, I grow stronger. Does anybody have any idea what this means?
Old 08-18-2001, 09:00 PM   #24
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Hmm, rather like the England cricket team's game, eh?

Ok so we play like a bunch of chimps, can't help that...

Anyway onto the real reason for this post, I just watched Planet of the Apes, it's 2am in the UK and I'm about to go out again so just a quick post.

The film is fine right up to the end, the final five minutes left me disappointed, unfulfilled and very very angry that the film makers could not come up with something a little less cliched, paradoxical and unimagnative.

It came very close to ruining the 90 minutes earlier and I for one was very disappointed with Tim Burton, who I think is an excellent director usually.

One bit that did make me laugh was when Mark (Boogie Nights) Wahlberg said to the lady ape 'Let me show you something that will amaze you'....
Old 08-18-2001, 10:48 PM   #25
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i just saw it, all i can say that i kinda liked nearly all of it except the last part (the ending) honestly i dont know it even ended up like that... i mean (to those who watched it already and know what im talking about) he went back to the past right?? so there shouldnt be a earth-like planed run by apes..

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 08-18-2001, 10:55 PM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Since Memnoch said it sucked, maybe i'll watch it this afternoon when I go out if I want to... I wanna relate on how bad it is...

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-18-2001, 11:41 PM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Bring your Walkman with you and turn up the volume whenever the chimp named Ari says anything. She's the one who looks a bit like Michael Jackson.

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 11:44 PM   #28
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Aww come on! It can't be *that* bad...

------------------

Old 08-19-2001, 05:05 AM   #29
Epona
Zartan

I saw it Thursday.
Don't bother! I more or less agree with Memnoch. What a huge disappointment!
Apparently Oliver Stone was another choice to direct, and although I normally love Tim Burton, I can't help thinking that Stone would have made a much better, deeper, movie than Burton managed. Come on, where was the dark brooding atmosphere that I have come to expect from Burton? This was just a straightforward action adventure, and not a particularly good one at that.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-19-2001, 08:58 AM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes.. I was wondering with all the colors on where His Batman series and Sleepy hollow had this pale color always.. including Edward Scissorhands

------------------