Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2002, 02:05 PM   #51
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:

we could turn this into a scars thread. what are your scars? (location, history of it, etc).

yeah, thats what we call involuntary body modification right?
Old 02-20-2002, 03:37 PM   #52
Link
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:

yeah, thats what we call involuntary body modification right?

That depends though.. if you're a sadomasochist, you can get scars which ARE voluntarily.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 02-20-2002, 05:17 PM   #53
Lavindathar
Harper

Scars: here we go:

I've never broke a bone in my body, but scars I have a plenty.

I am 17 remember:

My biggest scar is on the back of the head: I Y-shaped it in Turkey, falling back onto some tiles. It's a cool scar.

I've got 6 others on my head, all not visible cos of hair: i have 3 on my eyebrows(included in 6), one on each end. (mainly football, or radiators)

I have a burn scar on my left elbow, about 15 inches long down my arm, and a circle burn scar on my knee. (Football on astro turf)

I have a vertical scar on my shin. (football)

I have a horizontal scar on my thumb (scissors)

Scar on my back (received when I fell on wet tiles.

Scar on my right wrist (dunno how, just there)

I'm sure I have quite a few more, cant see em though cos its dark, so I cant remember.

My bro has a cool scar, not sure whether hell tell though!!
Old 02-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #54
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Slackerboy, this is a test tat . . [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: *\Conan/* ]

Old 02-21-2002, 08:02 AM   #55
MagiK

The whole body madification thing...just escapes my understanding. Permanently altering your body seems kind of silly and smacks of a lack of self esteem, I believe I was born with just enough orifices and don't particularly care to be perforated. As for tatoos...again, I don't understand it and don't really find it attractive at all. I like my art on canvas not on my skin. It is a shame that people are made to feel that in order to stand out, they must mutilate their bodies. In ages past it was believed that you could gain powers and abilities through figures drawn on your body...I kind of thought we had evolved beyond that idea....ahhh well It is HIS body after all and he is free to do to it what he pleases.

Functional modifications now are a whole different thing...such as laser eye surgery, implants of various natures, etc....just thought I would add this...

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 02-21-2002, 03:38 PM   #56
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well, magik that is an interesting, if narrow, view of the practice, and you are entitled to yours.
I've never thought of it as a self esteem issue. i personaly have more self esteem than some people can stand . I really dont care how other people think of me. I do what i do out of a personal desire. My work is for me and no one else.

I would have to say that half of the purpose of doing it is for the experiance. I would have to say that out of the two (piercing and tattooing) the piercing is a much more amazing experiance (if you get past the pain, which has never been a problem for me). but tattooing leaves a prettier effect.

I have every intention of going back for more of both. You wouldnt believe the elation you feel when you finish a piece of work. I love it.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:34 PM   #57
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Body Modification?

Maybe it does show lack of self-esteem but that is a bit........ Drastic?
I just don't like it. I once saw a guy completely covered in tattoos. All over his face and everything, not only did it cost alot I guess, but it made me suffer...... distaste for that guy.

I wouldn't have it done, but I have nothing against others having it done. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2002, 04:38 PM   #58
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
I like my art on canvas not on my skin.

Well, maybe he feels thast his body is his canvas.
[Corny sounding speech mode off]
Old 02-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #59
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
My work is for me and no one else.

That's the way to live Slackerboy!

EDIT: Plus, I think the tattoo's OK! Sorry, but my honest opinion is that I never really liked body piercing. But, still, as long as you like it.....
WHO CARES?

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: DJG ]