Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 08:29 AM   #41
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by Konfuzed and Zany:

Yes [img]smile.gif[/img]
though I'm a Chinese dude then
or Dutch
whichever you prefer

Actually...its whichever *you* prefer. Are you Chinese living in Holland? Dual citizen? Going to college? Just curious. [img]smile.gif[/img]

FWIW, I have absolutely no problem with Lennon defending his country. My problem is that he's being a right proper jerk about it. In the first place, noone attacked the Aussies. Arvon just posted something amusing. In the second Lennon has done nothing but be belittling and insulting since his first post on this thread. Its beginning to get *REAL* trollish IMO.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-28-2002, 04:01 PM   #42
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

I second the motion...

Lennon, if this is an attempt at humour, it's not very funny I'm afraid. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Why not Melusinchen ? [img]smile.gif[/img] I found it rather funny ... either way ... think about it ...
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 01-28-2002, 04:08 PM   #43
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

The Crocodile Man definately isnt aussie. Im not sure what nationality he is, but he does a bad job of looking aussie!! especially that HORRIBLE accent... *shudders*

Besides, whats wrong with defending my own nation ??

Lennon, if you want to be ignorant that's fine but don't pretend you actually know something. And don't pretend you are speaking for Australians because believe me I for one am not impressed. If you had a clue you would know that Steve Irwin is in fact Australian, and was actually a nominee for Australian of the Year (scary thought, I know ).
Old 01-28-2002, 04:25 PM   #44
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:

And Argentina is a US state, right ?? My case stands. Thank you Saz, you have just made my day

Hmmmmm now, it seems to me that Mr. Cook here was poking fun at American Children in the sixth grade not knowing some American History.
quote:
[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Now that is... american.

Now I ask, wouldn't this seem like the Kettle calling the pot black? No offense meant, just a simple question.......

You Can Not Hide
Old 01-28-2002, 04:28 PM   #45
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Lennon, if you want to be ignorant that's fine but don't pretend you actually know something. And don't pretend you are speaking for Australians because believe me I for one am not impressed. If you had a clue you would know that Steve Irwin is in fact Australian, and was actually a nominee for Australian of the Year (scary thought, I know ).

Wow, Now THAT was insulting.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:37 PM   #46
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

Wow, Now THAT was insulting.

Not really, Apparently sometimes things like this need to be said. It appears that Aelia is right on the money.

You Can Not Hide
Old 01-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #47
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Of course it was right on the money, but things like "If you knew somthing" and "Dont act like you know somthing" dont need to be said.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:37 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aelia... Sometimes such things do need to be said.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:06 PM   #49
Galadria1
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Aelia... Sometimes such things do need to be said.

If I said "Amen," would that be spamming? Thanks to Aelia and Melusine. I'll buy you ladies a cppucino any day.
Lady Galadria, a proud Cavalier of Keldorn\'s Order; Oh So Simple Marshmallow Woman of the ORT. Member, HADB<br /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" -Saki<br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 01-28-2002, 08:34 PM   #50
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:

Now I ask, wouldn't this seem like the Kettle calling the pot black? No offense meant, just a simple question.......

I had refrained from commenting this earlier, but right on! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."