Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2001, 07:29 AM   #11
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusorick!:
You are right, but as I was just saying, the problems that are troubling me at the moment, were almost all of them problems that existed under the surface before, festering and waiting, and were triggered last week. It's a combination. I'm just saying we can't just ascribe it all to the events in America, because a lot of these problems originated long before.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH
OK I should be in bed - clearly my head is anywhere but working right now...I think I broke my backspace button by using it every other letter *sob*
I'm so stupid... I hate Melusorick!!

I'll have to say that everything this past week has taken me by surprise. I didn't think ANYONE at IW had any vendetta against anyone else. I guess that's the price for me being gone for so long, I didn't see it. I'll endeavor to try and keep a better watch on everything though.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-17-2001, 07:31 AM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
You are right, but as I was just saying, the problems that are troubling me at the moment, were almost all of them problems that existed under the surface before, festering and waiting, and were triggered last week. It's a combination. I'm just saying we can't just ascribe it all to the events in America, because a lot of these problems originated long before.

Also very true; last week indeed triggered a lot of problems. I could even name a very clear example to prove your theory, but let's just say I couldn't agree more.
But I have also seen people arguing into flamewars about absolutely nothing the last week; the terrorist attack brought up the worst in some people you never expected it from...
Old 09-17-2001, 07:33 AM   #13
Melusorick!
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Ha I claim my cake!

LOL - I retracted that, and changed it into a calligraphy!!
You're welcome to one (really! ) but if you prefer a drink on me whenever I visit the UK that's fine by me as well

Tobbin -
Quote:
I'll have to say that everything this past week has taken me by surprise. I didn't think ANYONE at IW had any vendetta against anyone else. I guess that's the price for me being gone for so long, I didn't see it. I'll endeavor to try and keep a better watch on everything though.
Mate, I know how you feel! I knew of some "minor irritations" but had no idea that it would become like this. Maybe I've closed my eyes for too long, unwilling to see reality.... I just didn't expect tempers to flare just this explosively...

------------------

Boo yah!!
Old 09-17-2001, 07:36 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Sorry guys...just changing into Mel again because I just KNOW I will forget the next time I post I hate being so forgetful lately

Oh and Donut, let me know if you want me to do the calligraphy - promise is promise!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 07:37 AM   #15
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
LOL - I retracted that, and changed it into a calligraphy!!
You're welcome to one (really! ) but if you prefer a drink on me whenever I visit the UK that's fine by me as well

That's a done deal (the drink I meean). I stalked you on 'Who's on Line' waiting for you to post & then I pounced.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-17-2001, 07:38 AM   #16
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Also very true; last week indeed triggered a lot of problems. I could even name a very clear example to prove your theory, but let's just say I couldn't agree more.
But I have also seen people arguing into flamewars about absolutely nothing the last week; the terrorist attack brought up the worst in some people you never expected it from...

You're right...I've seen examples of both cases, and sometimes it was just that the tension and frustration about the terrorist attacks became too much for some people to remain friendly...very sad that. Your post put exactly into words what I meant!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 07:39 AM   #17
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Sorry guys...just changing into Mel again because I just KNOW I will forget the next time I post I hate being so forgetful lately

Oh and Donut, let me know if you want me to do the calligraphy - promise is promise!

Where in the world did you get the pic from your other handle though. It's really cool!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-17-2001, 07:40 AM   #18
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
That's a done deal (the drink I meean). I stalked you on 'Who's on Line' waiting for you to post & then I pounced.

Oooooh you meanie!! LMAO!!
Anyway if you tell me when your birthday is I'll even do the calligraphy, how's that?

Anyway...where did this thread go offtopic...

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-17-2001, 07:41 AM   #19
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I hope it will become its old self again...
Don't worry, it'll calm down.. , and if it continues, you know we have plans in place to stop it.. I think everyone is just so angry over the terrorism, and can't 'vent' it anywhere.. it's normal, and will let up over time.

We have good Moderators, and with them, we can't go wrong!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-17-2001, 07:44 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
Where in the world did you get the pic from your other handle though. It's really cool!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Tobbin!! I'm glad you think so
Me and Yorick just did a search for animated gifs of aliens and it came up with this one (had another one at first but it didn't show up) The combination of the pic and the tag line just cracked us up...
I forgot where exactly we found it but if you click the edit button I think you can see the image address.

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art