Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 02:41 PM   #1
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

So I'm sitting here waxing all nostalgic, thinking about the wonderful things of my past, when I realized, "Hey, wait a minute, my childhood sucked!" I got picked on, beat up, did poorly in school, was a troublemaker, all of it. Hell you name it, I got in trouble for it! But the one thing that always kept me together was music. It got me through all the hard times of childhood and the just as hard times of my adult life so far. This topic was raised on the old board, but it's wort resurfacing here for the new blood. Besides being a former radio and club DJ, it's in my durned blood!
What did you listen to when you were young and how does that compare to what you listen to now?
I bring this up because I remember listening to Black Sabbath when I was a teenager (plus insert favorite hair metal band here, I listened to them, too!)
Then I was totally into classical and guitar music (Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen, Segovia) and now, I'm totally into all things retro, plus Sevendust, Linken Park, Godsmack (sold out here in three weeks and me with no tix!! ) and anything that qualifies as dark, brooding and angry. ...and yet, I smile, every morning...

------------------

All right you primitave screwheads, listen up! This...is...my...BOOMstick!

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 02:45 PM   #2
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Oh music! Where would we be without it? I agree that sometimes when all else fails you can turn to music. I've done that in the past quite a few times. When depressed my saviour is often heavy metal in the form of the one and only Metallica. They've got me through some rough times.
When not depressed I listen to almost everything, EXCEPT rap and sellout pop like Britney and Spice Girls. I especially enjoy classical music

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-06-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Ahhh, Metallica. I finally had a chance to see them last year. What a show. If I had to pick a fav by them, I'd be at it for weeks trying to narrow the list down!
Old 03-06-2001, 02:56 PM   #4
Azrael Abyss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was into punk and old death rock growing up. My favs were the Dead Kennedy's, Fear, X, Skinny Puppy, Oingo Boingo, Sisters of Mercy, Ministry, The Cure and Kraftwerk among some others. Its funny because I have so many memories associated with some of that stuff that i feel like an old fart whenever I hear it and am transported to the miserable days of my youth. Actually it was never that bad, but it seemed that way at the time. My tastes have changed somewhat but I smile whenever I hear the pissed off sounds of my youth.

Azrael Abyss

------------------
I'm the prince of sorrow... Woooo!
Old 03-06-2001, 03:02 PM   #5
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Don't mind me, I'm having a problem with getting the inage in my sig to show up. If I go into edit and copy/paste it, it shows up fine, so I'm playing around to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
...ahhh the soothing strains of Sevendust fill my ears...

Old 03-06-2001, 03:04 PM   #6
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I think it is the bracket, you don't need them for smileys.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:06 PM   #7
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

See, I tried that, though, both with and without... *sigh* he's only a little cool DJ Smiley...

------------------
:1djsmile:
Old 03-06-2001, 03:07 PM   #8
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Referring to Kdog's post earlier:
I've found that impossible, just make a four CD combination out of it like the best of the 80's or something like that!

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.

[This message has been edited by Vicotnik (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 03:09 PM   #9
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Test your signature

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 03:10 PM   #10
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

My cd burner and I are on extremely good terms. It's amazing the stuff you can put together that way. I just made a compilation cd called "Hair Metal Handbag, Volume 1.
It's truly disgusting in what it has on it. Some really bad metal, plus a few real gems. Oh, BTW, never mind on the smiley problems, I'll deal with it on the technical boards...Thanks for thehelp. This is for MUSIC!!