Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 12:23 PM   #1
DarkAngel
Manshoon

after leaving the tavern in the town you travel through the countryside for days trying to reach the town of syracee. after a very tiring journey, you finally reach the mountains. the journey is very demanding and you decide to rest the night in a nearby cavern, as you can tell a snow storm is approaching.
once inside you realise that the cave you are in leads into the darkness....

(ooc as i said before untill we find a dungeon master it is a free for all game. feel free to take control of any monsters as long as they are not important to the game..ill control those .normal D+D rules no ubering)

[ 10-16-2002, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: DarkAngel ]
Old 10-16-2002, 12:35 PM   #2
DarkAngel
Manshoon

lythiss looks into the darkness of the cave.... hiding in the shadows he proceeds deeper into the lair.....a moment later you hear a muffled cry and then lythis walks out with a dead goblin.

"theyve made a lair...managed to backstab this one without causing an alarm. i think it is best if we try to stay quiet untill the storm stops, as there are a fair few down their... looks like they have had the same idea as us...they look like scouts"

dark looks at lythis nods and then proceeds to the body of the goblin, which hes picks up and throws to his wolf. then turning towards the group he says" whts do you think we should do?"turning to lythiss he says" how many are we talking about, im gonna have a look" with this he turns and then mutters some words and dissappears.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:02 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Krak, sitting slightly away from the others, merely shrugged. He'd killed Grobi in the past, and he could do so again. The real slaying wasn't to be done here, unless there was a manticore or something similar waiting in one of the other caves. He kinda hoped there was.
The first day gone, and already he disliked this expedition.
He made a mental note never to go on any journey involving kind elves, snow and a lack of large and challenging creatures to slay.

Now that they'd come across goblins, he figured a decent fire would be out of the question too. Not that the goblins wouldn't find them anyway.
The dwarf leaned back against the rock and tried to get some rest. This close to the cave entrance, the sunlight would help discourage the Grobi from attacking. And he wanted to be rested when they did come.

The slayer didn't bother to inform the elves though.
Let them run around doing their Elgi things, they woulnd't listen to a Dwarf anyway.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:06 AM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Calaethis tags along, but remains in the shadows.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:21 AM   #5
DarkAngel
Manshoon

as the night goes on the storm grows, and in the distance a faint roaring can be heard. suddenly the cave closes as the ground shakes. in the destruction a bright light suddenly appears and the party knowing they have no other option follow it. the deeper into the cave the party goes the louder and louder the roaring gets..and as they weave through the tunnels they stuble into the lair of the goblins. as they catch their breath hundreds of goblins run towards them, led by an Elf.....a drow,sythuiss,a great drow sorcerer from the underdark....
Old 10-17-2002, 08:37 AM   #6
DarkAngel
Manshoon

lythis taking his elvern bow glorien, fires an arrow of fire which engulfs a party of goblins;screaming in pain whilst burning. then upon seeing the drow curses and casts mirror image. then focusing his power casts meteor shower towards the drow.

sythuiss looks timidly at lythiss then casts protection against the elements upon himself. he then summons forth a pit demon towards the party.

dark takes out the elvern sword purchased and brings it crashing down on goblin after goblin. angrilly he looks towards his brother and runs to help against the pit demon whilst attacking orc upon orc. roaring the pit demon advances towards them and swiping at lythiss growls. suddenly the wolf launches himself onto the pit demons back biting and scratching.

lythiss takes this oportunitie to fire an arrow towards the balors throat. it hits, and the balor screams, but it does not seem to be strong enough to kill. looking towards the rest he turns back again and tries his luck
Old 10-17-2002, 08:59 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: Ehr, who said the no ubering part again?
Sorry DarkAngel, but that's too much for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
(although it's not an uncommon level of play in BG2, in my opinion it is a little "uberish" to make five or six characters fight hundreds of goblins, and a pit fiend, while making it look like only a mildly challenging fight)

Krak'll sleep this one out at least

[ 10-17-2002, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 10-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #8
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

OOC: it's hard for erilyn to not look like an uber-fighter. she is a darksun elf. 10th level fighter with a 20 strength. this is not just a character i threw together for the boards, she is my character for over a year of gaming in rl. she has some really kick butt swords as well as two weapon fighting style and ambidexterity. in other words she hits twice with each sword each round and does about 40 damage with each sword each round. she also has some spiffy wild talents.

ic: erilyn sits and watches the fight. when she is needed she will help, but for now she will comb her mane. apparently even snow makes it frizz.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:37 AM   #9
DarkAngel
Manshoon

(ooc hey im tryin my best here o.k ive never done this before im only using the kind of action they put in the game. thats why i asked for a DM...) would one of you like to Dm then?)
Old 10-18-2002, 06:08 AM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

OOC: I would DM, but I don't think we're expecting the same from this game. You see, I kinda linked Bugmann's bar and Joseph Bugmann to the Warhammer Fantasy world (reinforced by the originator's screen name Felix Jaeger), whereas the rest of you seem to be playing in a DND setting. I was expecting Skaven and Goblins, maybe a lost Dark Elf somewhere (roughly the equivalent of the Drow), and Krak's a regular slayer (meaning he would have about a 50% chance of winning a fight against just six goblins).
I'm quite sure now that's different from what you're expecting, so after the fight, if he's still alive, I'll come up with a reason for Krak to return to the bar. Maybe next time [img]smile.gif[/img]