Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2003, 04:32 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

“Ah! The air out here is so fresh!” Shalana gushed as the party left the confines of the town.
“Hmm. It is nice to be outside again. Considering that we’re rangers and all…” Samudra trailed off.
“THE STARS OF THE NIGHT SKY LOOK DOWN UPON YOU, AS IF A THOUSAND EYES, WATCHING…” a great voice boomed.
“What the…” Varnick said, unsheathing his blade, looking around for the source of the sound.
“THOUGH THE AIR IS FILLED WITH THE MURMURS OF THE FOREST….”
“Groan. Not again. Can we make it shut up? Please?” Yieran yelled, covering his ears, a pained look on his face.
“YOUR EARS CAN ONLY HEAR THE DISTANT ECHO OF GARETH’S FINAL WARNING…”
“What final warning…?” asked Yieran.
“Well we would have found out if you hadn’t of KILLED HIM!” Varnick replied tartly.
“Boys! Shhh! This sounds important!” Samudra said, waiting for the voice to continue.
“ ‘BEWARE THE MAVIN SWORD, FOR IT WILL DESTROY YOU!’”
“He never said tha- Oh. Right, Forgot about the whole death thing and all…” Yieran trailed off.
“We may as well go to the crypt then. Come on! Let’s go!” Shalana said enthusiastically.

The merry band followed the path, hopefully heading towards the crypt, when they spotted a robed traveller in the distance.

“Let’s go say hello! He looks friendly enough!” Shalana said, eager to meet the traveller.
“Hold! He could be a bandit! Keep your wits about you! ” Varnick warned as he led the group slowly over to the man.
“Ssssthtrangersssssth! A word with you…” The scaly traveller said, greeting the party.
“Heehee. Cough. Sorry…” Yieran said, obviously trying to stop himself from laughing.
“I travel to the village of Valeia, just down thissss road…” the man continued.
“Bahahahahahaha! Ah, hahahahaha. A lisp! He has a lisp! Bahahahaha! A really bad one two! Why, I bet he sounds worse than my grandma – and she ain’t got no teeth! Bahahahaha!” Yieran said, unable to control himself any longer.
“Yieran!” Samudra said, elbowing him in the ribs, “Don’t be rude!”
“I ssstttthheeee you have jussssstht come from there…” the man continued, not noticing Yieran’s lack of respect.
“Why yes! We have just been there… How can we help you?” Varnick asked, stepping in front of Yieran as he fell to the ground, consumed in laughter.
“Issssth Gareth, the village elder, ssssthtill living there?” the traveller inquired.
The man’s question stopped Yieran’s laughter in his tracks. Slowly, the elf lifted himself off the ground.
“Um. Ah… You see… We don’t rightly know… Haven’t seen him aliv – err. Haven’t seen him at all, lately” Varnick said, put off by the man’s question.
“I heard he had a nasty accident with some kitchen utensils. Bad stuff, that…” Yieran said, dusting the dirt off his doublet.
“I sssstheee… I do not hope you are lying to me… I sthssso hate ignorant children… ” The man said suspiciously, before saying good-day and leaving the group.
“That was close… Too close…” Varnick said, breathing a sigh of relief.
“I sincerely hope that that misdeed of yours doesn’t follow us around like a bad smell…” Samudra said seriously to Yieran.
“Relax… We’ll be fine…” the blonde elf answered, “Did you notice that guy’s skin? It was gross!” he said, changing the topic.
“Yeah! It was all scaly and had some strange markings on it… Strange. I hope we don’t meet him again… He kind of creeped me out…” Shalana said, shuddering.
“Well, we’ll find out eventually. But for now, we’d better head off to the crypt. At least we got that much information out of the poor old guy...” Varnick said, shooting one last glare at Yieran, before leading the group further down the trail to the cemetery.
-
-
-
-
-
It wasn’t as funny as the last two, but there are still more to come! Hope you’re all going to remember the details from the previous episodes… I think I’ll refer to them quite a bit in the future…

Sorry about the delay…

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-25-2003, 11:06 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! I do enjoy a good bit of humor, and today is a great day for me to be getting a dose of it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep 'em comin', 'cause I don't think the humor slipped much, if at all. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 11:34 AM   #3
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks Bungleau.

Means a lot to hear that...

In 'real life' the rangers are at Shurugeon Castle. I have to say it ain't going terribly easy...

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Keep them coming!
Old 09-28-2003, 11:01 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!!

I'm very fond of Yieran!!! I've played a number of characters that are just like him!

Another excellent chapter, moiraine sedai!!! Looking forward to the next and the next ... Keep them coming!!!

Wyv