Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2001, 12:14 AM   #1
PetrusTheGreat

How does one manage to swim through the waterfall? I walk along the south wall as far as I can go before taking the plunge. I get just so close and then the current starts spinning me in circles and taking me downstream. Perhaps, I am using the wrong character. Is it better to use, for example, a large character vs. a small character? Or a character with high strength vs. a character with high agility?

Any help would be appreciated. It would certainly help me keep my sanity.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2001, 01:08 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think Strength is the determinant more than anything else, although I really can't tell. Athletics probably has something to do with it too.

There's supposed to be a trick about swimming backwards through the flood being an easier method, but I've never tried it. Perseverance (and a lot of cussing!) always worked for me in the long run.

HINT: If you have sufficient Moon Magic, cast "Create Portal" after you get past the Waterfall to avoid having to do that again. Of course, you also have to have "Teleport" as well.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 10:02 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Petrus,

Trust me Petrus, to use the Olympics as an analogy, your party will be like everyone elses - freestyle like Eric the Eel, and backstroke like Lennie Krazylberg (ie just turn around and use the down arrow key). Have fun
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2001, 05:30 PM   #4
PetrusTheGreat

Thanks Sazerac and Davros for your help. I jumped in, swam backwards and was through the waterfall in about 5 seconds. I also used a character at maximum strength.

** Petrus **