Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-13-2001, 10:43 PM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I finally figured out how to play an Anti-Paladin Player Character without downloading any kit or anything.

What I did was spend a lot of time looking at the Anti-Paladin in the game ("gith03" for those who have infinity explorer or shadowkeeper). I found the settings that you need to adjust in a player created Paladin in order to be able to play an Anti-Paladin.

Benefits:
1 - All of the Paladin abilities.
2 - Chaotic Evil
3 - Can wield the "Unholy Reaver"
4 - The character isn't green. Check my earlier posts to read about my green NPC Anti-Paladin.

Disadvantages:
1 - no cool names

Here's how you do it.

First, create a Paladin character using the normal start method.

Second, name your character Anti-Paladin. The Unholy Reaver is only usable by an Anti-Paladin. This is the character's name. One would think that the item description is a limit on class (like, usable by Druid), but in fact it is a name restriction (like, usable by Mazzy).

Third, save your game. You'll need Shadowkeeper for the following.

Fourth, change the alignment to "Chaotic Evil".

Fifth, change the kit to "None". I don't know if kits work or not. The Githyanki Anti-Paladin has no kit. Kits might work, but no guarantees.

Sixth, change the race. This gets just a bit tricky. Rather than select the race from the known values, click on "Set Value". Set the value to "0x98". This is the code for the Githyanki race. The box below will say "unknown variable" and when you return to the characteristics screen the race box will be grayed out.

Seventh, save and PLAY!

I played this for a little bit, just to see if it worked. I added the Unholy Reaver to the inventory, just to see if it worked. It worked like a charm. I leveled up without a problem. Killed Jaheira and Minsc for fun. And did not become "Fallen."

Enjoy!

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 03-13-2001, 10:51 PM   #2
Sentinel04
The Magister

WOW! Thanks bro, this is going to be fun !

------------------

Baldur's Gate and DBZ should combine!
Old 03-18-2001, 12:18 AM   #3
Aurum
Manshoon

Good, not remorse, I like.

Thanks lot!!!

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:27 AM   #4
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

speaking of green caracters, anyone had this while fighting slimes the skin color on one of my Char was green, I thought must have been the poison but other times poison din't do this odd nei?