Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #21
wellard
Dracolisk

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 6, 2008

Strewth UV that is shocking ... and weird!
I hope you are going to be OK

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #22
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Yeah, should be fine - I come from hardy stock.

Wife was impressed with the bruise when she got back from her shopping trip...oh, wait, I remember now, she was unimpressed. And it's going to be a painful night trying to sleep, got a large welt the width of my back and the bruise is starting to come up nicely. Now I know how it feels to get hit at 30mph.

This neighbourhood gets worse as time goes on, we're planning on leaving once daughter finishes school - it's gonna be a long two years.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

*Serves UV a drink himself because Cloudy is not around *

I wonder if the guys that whacked you also stole the magic M&M jar? ...and what is that muffled sound from behind the counter ....

Old 06-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #24
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*WHAT???* Someone stole the Endless M&M Jar? Now *THAT* is cause for death... and worse!

Don't mind me... I'll be in the back looking for leftovers errr... clues, yeah, clues...

Wowzah, UV! I hope you can track those gomers down sooner or later... or that someone else does. And I know what you mean about being glad that it was you instead of your kid... that's part of a parent's thoughts.

If it's any consolation, since you were going the same direction, you actually got hit with less speed than they were going. See, if you're going 10 miles an hour and they hit you going thirty, it's only like you got hit going twenty... okay... I see... nope, doesn't offer any consolation at all, does it?

*sets up the next drink for UV, with a healing potion chaser.*

*hell, make it an extra-healing potion...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello all! LOL! Wellard! Please let Skippy out from under the counter! Hmm.. well, if the M&M bowl's gone for a walk... we do have an endless saltwater taffy bowl... but that's usually not as popular... *taps foot*..... hmmm.. let's see *rummages in drawer* wait... here we are! The bottomless jar of jelly beans!

Sorry I've been awol for a bit gang. Went back to doctor on Wednesday after being back to work for one day last week (out the week before) and my doc told me to stay home and rest and take a pharmacy's worth of meds until tomorrow when I go back to be 'cleared' to go to work again.

Been having bronchitis trouble which aggravates asthma and even on one antibiotic came down with other infections so had to swap antibiotics. Just wish I could say I feel rested after all this but it's not fair.. when you're sick, you rarely enjoy the time off!

Am hoping to get back to work this week and start catching up on all the stuff that's been piling up on me..sigh...
Old 06-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #26
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unglaublich Verwustung View Post
Anything harder than M&M's going?

Was just out on a bike ride with my youngest and some guys in a van came driving up behind us and whacked me across the back with a stick. Drive-by beatings - what the hell gives! I guess some people are just bad, no two ways about it.

The only good thing about it is that they did it to me, not him. Hurts like hell, and now I've got a bruise all across my back.

Didn't even get their number, back plate had fallen off (or was taken off) their van - and they just sped off after doing it.

So I guess mine's a double whiskey with ibuprofen on the side.
Holy Crap.. just a double.... I'd go for a whiskey IV with a nice slow drip.
Guess I need to send you a couple of rabid red neck gators to patrol the yard. ( Do you hear the banjoes....)
I should try that combination of Ibu and whiskey. That might make it easier to pronouce some of the names you make in EfU.
I sure hope you at least informed the police.
I'll PM you later to see how you are doing!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #27
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Red neck gators?
The only thing worse than that would be drunken hilbillys with shotguns.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #28
Skippy1
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
What's up Skippy ....what is that you say? Someone has robbed the cafe of the magic M&M jar and left Cloudy tied up under the counter?
Wellard! How goes it mate? Still living out Camden way?

Been off here for a while. Have I missed much? Sent Memnoch a private message, but would seem the bloke has missed it.

Has anyone let the RainBabe out yet??
Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 AM   #29
wellard
Dracolisk

Happy Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 6, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy1 View Post
Wellard! How goes it mate? Still living out Camden way?

Been off here for a while. Have I missed much? Sent Memnoch a private message, but would seem the bloke has missed it.

Has anyone let the RainBabe out yet??
Yep still living in Camden, you may have heard of the furore and near riots over plans to build a massive Muslim school on some farmland, it has had the whole nation locked in debate.

Not seen Memnoch for a long while, guess he is too busy watching the cricket, should be a good last day of play against the west Indies starting in a few hours.

You still living in Shropshire / Shrewsbury way?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #30
Skippy1
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
Yep still living in Camden, you may have heard of the furore and near riots over plans to build a massive Muslim school on some farmland, it has had the whole nation locked in debate.

Not seen Memnoch for a long while, guess he is too busy watching the cricket, should be a good last day of play against the west Indies starting in a few hours.

You still living in Shropshire / Shrewsbury way?

Funnily enough, I had heard about that School thing. Lots of similar stuff like that going on over this way as well. Awful lot of paranoia surrounding the issue over here. Some justified, but the greater majority is just garbage. To be perfectly fair though, the Catholic Church owns/owned(?) huge tracts of land around Campbelltown for ages and were starting to flog it off just before we left to come over here. St Gregs College had masses of land attached to it. How ironic would it be if a huge Muslim school were built on former Catholic owned land.

Still in Shrewsbury, in fact becoming quite comfortable here these days.

So Mem's not a regular in here anymore then?