Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 04:11 PM   #1
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

So anyway... lol, excuse the title. I'm making a shopkeeper right now, or I guess a mod too, since I'll be giving it to everyone if I can get it done, and also posting it on the TBG forum's custom section... so I was going to take some ideas for weapons, rings, armor... anything.

Most of you have Joluv and Deidre I presume, and to describe this project as easily as possible, it'll be like them. I think I'll put Jalerho in the Adventurer's Mart, in the corner or something. He'll be a fun character, but I've already realized that writing dialogue isn't as easy as it sounds (you think you got all the cool sayings in your head, but it turns out they're all cliche'd and kind of dumb sounding... so I'm working on it).

Anyway, I think I'm going to include the Silencer from one of my other posts already, once it's finished... it thinks it's funny not letting itself be shown up on the paper doll... it will be rectified. Anybody have any other ideas for weapons, armor, rings, robes, boots, gloves, or anything else? I'll pick the best and include them... make sure they're balanced... I'm good at balancing weapons normally (aside from the couple I've posted in these forums) in real AD&D, so don't be whiny if I slightly modify or change a post you give me to work better for the game. Alright? Start thinking! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2002, 05:01 PM   #2
robo donkey
Manshoon

Could you make two dual wield scimitars, ying and yang.
Ying

The Mighty sword of the god Landather, origionaly named Sunfire, which was forged during the time of troubles to aid him in his war against evil. Landather himself suffered a great blow from the powers of neutrality when ying meet Talos' sword, yang in battle. They developed a magical bond to each other so that they could only be dual wielded. Helm himself picked the swords up after the battle between Landather and Talos and with them restored neutrality to the sword coast and lands of faerun.

Scimitar +3
Does aditional 2 points of fire damage
Does aditional 2 points of electrical damage
Gives 25% cold resistance
Gives 25% acid resistance
Protects against level drain
+6 vs undead
Can only be used by neutral charaters

Yang-

The Mighty sword of the god Talos, Origionally named Darkmoon, which was forged during the time of troubles to aid him in his war against good. Talos himself suffered a great blow from the powers of neutrality when yang meet Landather's sword, ying in battle. They developed a magical bond to each other so that they could only be dual wielded. Helm himself picked the swords up after the battle between Landather and Talos and with them restored neutrality to the sword coast and lands of faerun.

Scimitar +3
Does aditional 2 points of cold damage
Does aditional 2 points of fire damage
Gives 25% fire resistance
Gives 25% electrical resistance
20% chance on hit of 4 levels drained from target
Can only be used by neutral charaters

If possible can you make it so that the two can only be used as a pair?

Also, talk to Sir Gollum, he is planning the same thing. If we were to get everyone at ironworks to collaborate ideas and help make a mod it would be brilliant! We might even be able to get some of the moderators involved!
robo donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's what I would like....
Ring of Adventuring? (or whatever, i'm not good at names)
-confers on wearer complete immunity to level drain, charm, confusion, hold, gaze attacks and psionics.
To balance this out maybe you could have a penalty to AC... i'm open to suggestions! I'm sure this would be popular [img]smile.gif[/img]
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 08:27 PM   #4
Deathcow
Elminster

voltar, why not call it the ring of absolute immunity? [img]smile.gif[/img]

i'd like to see some weapons that do primarily elemental damage, like a +4 dagger with no damage bonus but like +25-50 ice damage on each hit or something, and +30% cold resistance...speed factor 0, of course
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
Kmazi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Koga Knife
This was once the weapon of a weapon of a exceptionly skilled assassin from the far east, his name and past are just as unknown as he is since no one ever lived to tell of him.

Equipped abilities: +25% to all theiving abilities,
Improved haste, trap: upon a sucessful hit a special trap is laid 10 ft. behind the enemy

THACO: +5
Damage: 1d6+5, 1d4 acid damage, upon a hit poison is ingected into the enemy causing 1 point of damage every round until a cumulative total of 20 damage is dealt.
Speed Factor: 0
Damage Type: Piercing
Proficiency type: Short sword
Usable by:
Thiefs (dual or multi-classed)
*Stats*<br />Kmazi- lvl 17 Sorcerer 66 Hp -2 Ac<br />Str- 18<br />Dex- 15<br />Con- 15<br />Int- 15<br />Wis- 10<br />Car- 09<br />Most Powerful Foes Defeated- Thaxll\'ssillyia, Nizidramanii\'yt, and Firkraag<br />Favorite Spells-<br />Level 1- Magic Missile<br />Level 2- Mirror Image <br />Level 3- Ghost Armor<br />Level 4- Stone Skin<br />Level 5- Shadow Door<br />Level 6- Spell Deflection<br />Level 7- Finger of Death/ Mordenkainen\'s Sword<br />Level 8- Abi-Dalzim\'s Horrid Wilting/ Spiralcrum<p>\"Death Comes To Those Who Go Against The Followers Of Kmaz Lord Of All Dragons\"
Kmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Cool, Voltar. I designed one that was almost the same thing, except it was called the "Helm of Sanity" and made after Taerom Fuirim and Thalantyr (a master smith, and a mage, both from BG1) heard about Minsc. It confers immunity to all 'mental' attacks, including charm, confusion, psionics, Rigid Thinking, and Feeblemind, and it also casts Good Berries once per day, for Boo. [img]smile.gif[/img] No AC bonus.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:13 AM   #7
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Six Of Spades...
Cool, where can I get one??
The BG2 merchants seem to have sold out for some reason [img]smile.gif[/img]
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 AM   #8
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

Wow not a bad start to posting guys, keep it up!

I got the Silencer +2 done, it works fine now, and is quite handy... my Swashbuckler did a double damage backstab to Nalia (which was funny), and we all know that Swashbucklers cannot backstab for more than x1.

So here's what it sounds like, in it's final steps of creation... (I just want to play with the colors... pretty colors...)

Silencer +2

This mysterious blade has had countless users over the centuries, and it would be impossible to go back and track them all. It's creation is shrouded in rumors, some saying that Mask himself gave it to one of his trusty assassins, who then was the product of an ambush by another vengeful diety, possibly Cyric and many of his fanatical priests.

Others say that it was commissioned at great expense by an assassin by the name of Nightshade, by a Dwarven smith friend of hers, to aid her in her sometimes psychotic frenzies of blood.

Perhaps a third opinion would retain that Mask did create the blade, and Nightshade knew about it, wanting the blade for herself. She then would have had to stalk that thief for many days, and finally, ambush him and end his life that way.

In any case, it is believed that thousands have perished from being caught at the end of this disreputable blade, and it's sharper edge is permanently stained in blood.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities (While Equipped):
+20% to Hide in Shadows
+20% to Move Silently

THACO: +2 bonus
Damage: 1D6 +2
Damage type: piercing
Weight: 2
Speed Factor: 0
Proficiency Type: Short Sword
Type: 1-handed
Usable By:
Thieves

----

Interesting, to say the least. About Elemental Damage, I have a Long Sword (which I made when I was getting used to the controls of IEEP and all that), which has a 50% chance of Level Draining the target by 2 levels, 50% Chance of doing an additional 2d5 Electrical Damage, and a 50% chance of doing an addition 2d5 Additional Magic Damage. It was a +5, and kind of broken, so I wasn't going to include it in the Jalerho's Super Happy Magic Fun Shop unless you guys wanted it there.
Up to you.

I got the Ring of Disease to work a little while ago... has one charge once per day, and everyone in the area of affect who fails a save at -2 is affected with 30 seconds of Disease and a minute of -3 Strength. It's balancing effect is that it can work against you too... and *can* affect party members if you're not careful. If you guys want that in there, you can say so in further posts later on I guess.

I'm working on my Armor of Corruption still a bit, playing with the features of "When you get hit, this happens"... *chuckles* Ended up poisoning my own character by mistake the first test run, but that's fixed... I'll finish it later.. not a priority.

I still have that Staff of Crippling, which is probably too broken for the shop... here, I'll post it for you guys...

----

Staff of Crippling +3
This fabled staff was once the powerful companion weapon of a Druid by the name of Grethrek. It is said that he found this staff upon one of his many meditative walks through the forest, washed up upon the shore of a river running through it. Upon closer examination he was able to figure out, eventually, that the staff was no mere rod of marble... but indeed was a lot more.

One day he was walking through the forest again, using the staff as a walking stick to climb easier, when little did he realize, he was ambushed by a militia of Ogres and kin, wanting everything he had, and for him to take them back to his Druid Grove, where they would undoubtedly rape and kill the inhabitants. Well, being the noble druid that Grethrek was, he stood up against these ogres, making a remark about their stench, which they just laughed at him over. Their leader Gardush attacked him, to show to his partners in crime how tough he was, but upon every successful blow of the Staff of Crippling, Gardush felt weaker and more sickly, and later, as the attacks continued, Gardush ended up horribly disfigured before Grethrek finally put an end to his life. Grethrek was extremely pleased at what his eyes could barely believe, taking on a couple more of the ogres before they ran away for their dear lives.

It is said though that Grethrek, as many do when faced with such a powerful weapon, let his pride get in the way later on in life. Some 5 to 10 years later, he was encountered by a strange group of shadowy creatures, and all that is known of that fight, is that he didn't make it out alive.

STATISTICS:

Abilities (Once Per Day):
Health Boon:
User Temporarily Gains 50 Hit Points
Duration: 1 turn
Range: User

Combat Abilities (Each Successful Strike):
Enemy struck temporarily loses 2 ability points from each attribute for a duration of 1 turn. (Cumulative)

THACO: +3 Bonus
Damage: 1d6+3
Weight: 5
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Staff
Type: 2-Handed
Requires: 10 Strength

---

One problem with that is that I need to make it so you can't simply go back and forth between that and a different weapon and end up healing yourself all the way... (Or worse, which I found out, I ended up with my mage having over 300 health lol.) I'm looking at the Helm of Balduran to correct it, since it does the same thing basically.

I'll work on a couple elemental weapons or armor... you know what I was thinking on doing? I was going to create like some kind of weapon for each "Sphere" of magic, or each type of elemental damage... that might be kind of cool... maybe later write a quest out about collecting them all to form a better blade... (I have a set of characters I've created that you can fight... and I'm currently working on dialogue and scripting... and I'll research how to make good quests).

The Ying and Yang blades I'm looking into... the idea of two opposite blades are cool. I've posted on Goulum's pages, and actually it was my original mention to create a mod if you read them closely.

That Helm is hilarious about the good berries... I think I'm going to create that.

The trap-sword idea is interesting... I wonder if possible. I'll play around with the parameters and see what I get.

Cerek the Barbarian, if you see this, I'll need your e-mail address to send the Silencer +2.

Azred, if you see this, you should jump on board too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My e-mail is xen_nova@hotmail.com if anyone would like to reach me, remember.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:30 AM   #9
tomonagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I always feel that monks get a bit of a raw deal with the whole weapons and armour thing. Only the gauntlets of crushing to help them through. So, I would like to suggest:

Brooza ring.

Once upon a time, in the forgotten land of "DeejaynAshun" lived an extremely unruly tribe called the "Dansallnayt". It was the wont of this tribe to dress in the most expensive and exclusive of furs, consume vast quantities of fermented goodberries, before finding a clearing in the nearby Forest Klubb and wildly girating to the sound of erratically beaten tom-toms.

This was much to the chargrin of the nearby monastary. DeejaynAshun was considered a holy site by many. The ancient prophet "EmSee" was said to have been visited by "Phatbuoy" the god of parental guidance at the edge of the forest Klubb. The "Doamen" monks were the keepers of these most sanctified grounds. Their meditations were often disturbed by the midnight gatherings of the Dancallnayt.

Eventually, a high priest of the Doamen by the name of Brooza enlisted a goldsmith of great repute to create an object that would control the behaviour of the Dansallnayts. The result was a perculiarly oversized ring, made of gold that was so low grade that it lacked any of the shiny, or malable properties that are usually associated with the metal. However, this ring did have the advantage of acting as a knuckleduster for the Doamen. It was also enchanted so that it could silence the beatings of the tom-toms.

Curiously, while equiped this ring causes a violent reaction to goodberries (fermented or not).

Equiped abilities:
Unarmed THACO: +3
Unarmed damage: +3

Casts Silence 15m radius 4 times per day.

If goodberries are consumed while equipped, the wearer must save versus poison, or die.
tomonagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 01:47 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ballista +5:
------------

While Orcish weaponary are traditionally accepted to be inferior when compared to the other races', there comes a time when some Orc blacksmith is inspired and creates a worthy weapon of destruction. True, it is usually not perfect, but it gets the job done, and done well.

The Ballista was created when the Orc Warlord, Grimnir Bloodfist, expressed his wish on being able to wield a ballista in his hands, but traditional ballistas were too big. So he ordered his personal blacksmith to create a mobile ballista, and thus, the Ballista was born.

Ballista was truly a monster, and even normal Orcs struggled to lift it up, but Grimnir was a mighty Orc, and he brandished it proudly in battle, and because of its size, Ballista was loaded by using a leg, as it would have taken too much effort to use your hands.

When a bolt is fired from Ballista, it screams from all the unleashed potential energy and punctures even the toughest of Full Plate Mail, exploding inside the person from the sudden impact, liquidifing the target internally.

Grimnir lived to a long and properous age, and when he died from old age, his clan was attacked by a combined army of Humans, Elves and Dwarves. Ballista was lost during the midst of battle, and is presumed to be gone forever.

Equipped Penalties: -2 Dexterity penalty
THACO: +5 bonus
Damage: +7(missile), +1d8 piercing damage, +1d8 crushing damage
Weight: 75
Speed Factor: 10
Proficiency Type: Crossbow
Type: 2-handed
Requires: 19 Strength
Only Usable By:
Half-Orcs
Not Usable By:
Druid