Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 09-26-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah! I saw this movie last Friday, and it was great!

This sequel is jam packed with action, and yes it also did show that Bourne was getting a whee bit rusty. [img]smile.gif[/img] The car chase scene was awesome. Taxis are the way to go it seems [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was an overall good movie to watch, a great movie!

How unfortunate though that something happened in the start... now I cannot wait to get my hands on the books. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:24 AM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I thought the complete opposite I am sad to say. I found the movie to be nowhere as good as the original.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

<font color=plum>I read <font color=white>The Bourne Identity</font> maaaany years ago when I was fresh out of high school. It is still my favorite Robert Ludlum book of all time (and I eventually owned and read ALL of his books).

Fortunately, it had been several years since I read the book, so the changes made in the movie didn't bother me that much. I only read <font color=white>The Bourne Supremecy</font> once and I didn't care for it as much as the original - but I'm still looking forward to the movie (which I haven't seen yet).

I thought Matt Damon did a very good in the role, which I wasn't sure he would be able to pull off. Jason Bourne was at the peak of physical fitness before his amnesia and he was a master of hand-to-hand combat. In the book, these skills are almost instinctive to him. He doesn't even know he possesses the skills, they "kick in" automatically whenever he is threatened. And when he is on the run, he automatically takes extra precautions to cover his tracks - even though he has no idea why he is taking these precautions or how he even knows how to do them.

If you like <font color=white>The Bourne Identity</font>, the other Ludlum book I would recommend is <font color=white>The Matares Circle</font>. Awesome Book. The rest of his works are still pretty good, but they are also somewhat formulaic. The scenario and settings are different in each book - but with a few exceptions - they all follow the same basic plot. Still - Ludlum is a master of spy thriller/mystery books. Even if they are somewhat predictable, they are still incredibly exciting to read.</font>
Old 09-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Intrepid and I saw this at the movies a while ago, much better than the first in my opinion.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I enjoyed the movie.... even better than the first!

Another good Robert Ludlum book is The Promethius Deception (I think it's called). Enjoyed that one lots. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:03 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

same for me.. i enjoyed both

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Though I liked the plot and the action.. the movie was almost *unviewable. Whoever was doing the cinematography should endure rapid eye movement torture.

*like watching 2 hours of 80's MTV videos straight without a break.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Cerek, I will be reading it. I loved the realisn really. And in this second installment his amnesia now really is frustrating him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2004, 04:27 AM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

There's an older Bourne Identity movie as well [img]smile.gif[/img] Accidently I saw it lying in the video rack at the store the other day

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:08 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

There is Link! [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't know if it is of any good though [img]smile.gif[/img]