Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 08:44 AM   #41
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Kazilan:
The main reason im posting, however, is to mention something from the original Alien movie. When the humans find the first eggs, they are in a sort of 'ship', and there is what looks like a giant alien 'pilot'. I havent seen the movie in a while so maybe someone can explain it better, but I remember that image of pilot and ship distinctly, so maybe there is more to their civilization and evolution that has been put forth in the other movies. If anyone has the movie and feels like doing research for this topic, take a look at the beginning.
<font color=plum>That is correct, <font color=yellow>Kazilan</font>. The crew of the mining ship found the alien ship on what was supposed to be a barren planet. When they went in to investigate, they found the dead alien pilot, still in his seat. Then they lowered one of there teammates down into the ships hold. That's where he found thousands of eggs (obviously the pilot had been implanted with a queen).

One of the "eggs" opened and "impregnated" the human - who was then taken back to their ship. This led to the original "chest-bursting" scene and the discovery that the Alien "bled" acid. In the end, the Alien managed to kill the entire crew of the ship (except for Ripley) in less than 24hrs. Ripley managed to kill that Alien when by burning it to a crisp as it tried to enter the escape pod through the exhaust system.

The rest of the eggs lay dormant until years later, when "The Company" established a mining colony on the planet - and supplied a large number of hosts for the Aliens to impregnate.</font>
Old 08-24-2004, 08:47 AM   #42
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I dont think the Pilot was infested with a Queen, I think that the Aliens develop into a Queen if there is not one present, like ants.
I think.....
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:19 AM   #43
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Dang... I was forced to watch it by my friend... and I enjoyed it

Don't really know anything about these two so I cannot really comment... but I do like the partnership the Predator and the girl had. And I laughed when she said, "That is one ugly..."
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:10 AM   #44
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
I dont think the Pilot was infested with a Queen, I think that the Aliens develop into a Queen if there is not one present, like ants.
I think.....
I would think it's more like bees, certain eggs have the potential to grow into queens if properly cared for, however multiple queens will not tolerate each others presence for long, ie in the comic mentioned earlier, an imprisoned queen the pred's were using to "stock" hunting grounds with eggs helped one slip by, but the pred's had technology that could scan for the unique mix that would grow a queen alien, and were usually successful in keeping them segregated.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM   #45
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] I never cease to be amazed by the amount of discussion these two sets of mediocre movies now made one can generate.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #46
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Mediocre movies?

hmmm, I think you'll not do better in a Sci-Fi horror than the first Alien movie (its a 4 star movie). ..and while I wouldn't consider the 2nd Alien movie better - it was well done and I enjoyed it more (-more a conflict movie than pure horror).

And as far a conflict movies go - the first two Predator movies were quite good (3 out of 4 stars in my book).
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:53 PM   #47
Sythe
Ra

I have seen Aliens 1 only once when I was five years old....oh the nightmares [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2004, 05:00 PM   #48
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

The first and second Alien movies, the first Predator movie set up certain pretenses about their respective science fiction villains. Like who the hell were those pilot creatures, you know, the big bastards who were on that ship, like the fellow in the chair with the hole in his chest? Obviously these aliens were a cargo of sorts, or else, this was where they were made. This observation is expounded upon heavily in log entries in Aliens vs. Predator 2, by various members of science teams studying them...They're engineered...Their population growth is limited by how far their parasitic reproducers can find hosts. No hosts means no new cuddly baby aliens, no food for the big burly ones, and obviously, after a time, all usable life thus destroyed, whatever they attack totally barren, they go extinct themselves. It's what the Neutron Bomb wasn't. A built in design flaw/fail safe doesn't exist in nature...The Lemmings thing is a myth...

Something important to note is that the original designer of the aliens, H.R. Giger, and his cohort and much enthusiastic colleague in bringing an existing creation to film, Ridley Scott, have had little to no involvement past Alien...
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #49
uss
20th Level Warrior

I loved the old Predator and Alien movies but Alien vs. Predator was horrible, IMO. They emphasized on the plot and characters, which made the movie even worse, since they were very typical and uninteresting. Even the heavily computer-based eyecandy was not as entertaining as the action in the old movies.

There was way too little blood in this movie. It was too politically correct. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

What really made me angry was that the movie had unbelievably many critical plot-holes and flaws!

For me, this was possibly one of the worst sequels ever made.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #50
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I loved the old Predator and Alien movies but Alien vs. Predator was horrible, IMO. They emphasized on the plot and characters, which made the movie even worse, since they were very typical and uninteresting. Even the heavily computer-based eyecandy was not as entertaining as the action in the old movies.

There was way too little blood in this movie. It was too politically correct. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

What really made me angry was that the movie had unbelievably many critical plot-holes and flaws!

For me, this was possibly one of the worst sequels ever made.
<font color=plum>Interestingly enough, <font color=white>uss</font>, one of my best friends had the SAME argument against Terminator 2. In the original movie, the Terminator was an unstoppable killing machine that would never stop going after it's target and literally killed anyone or anything that got in it's way.

In the second movie, the Terminator didn't kill a single person. When they were trapped in the building and surrounded by police, he wounded every officer in the vicinity but didn't kill any of them.

It IS a shame when high action movies with graphic violence have to "tone down" the violence in any sequels to reach a larger "target audience". Hey, guess what - if the first movie was successful enough to get a sequel in the first place, then the "targer audience" obviously had NO PROBLEM with the graphic violence. Sheesh.</font>