Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-14-2007, 03:32 AM   #11
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Wow, that looks absolutely incredible. Especially with the custom music and such. Can't wait for it be be released. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: And it looks like someone's making a BG1 remake in NWN2.
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...forum=111&sp=0

[ 04-14-2007, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, the one thing it does have going for it is the offline modules still. And yes, the Planescape one looks great, cannot wait to try it. I only wish someone would actually do the same with Dragonlance and not cancel halfway through. The BG module looks interesting but I have my doubts about completion and plus, it's technically illegal to distribute it.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I don't think it's illegal to reproduce areas that are actually part of the FR universe, in an FR game. If you use the chars from the game, it could get into some copyright infringement though.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #14
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Right. With NWN's we have access to the FR and D&D rights but the chars, places, names, etc. are all copywritten. I know this because a BG project was tried with NWN 1 and when asked, the devs said that it'd be violating CW laws.

Now with that said, there are many mods out there that are basically NWN conversions of other games, such as BG1, Icewind Dale and Final Fantasy. I think the case is that unless they are actually approached and asked, a blind eye is turned to such things. I myself would play a BG conversion in a second, just for the nostalgia aspect. But, the more hype there is over this mod the more likely the chances it will get pulled.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, I'd play a BG mod, in fact, I started out to work on one, but it was a daunting solo project. That's a lot of stuff to do by yourself, just building the areas.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I've seen many BG mods come and go. People start out and then realsie the scope of the game, dialog etc and give up.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah same with IWD conversions even. Just the dialogue alone is a huge part. This is why I am somewhat skeptical but at the same time optimistic about this one.

I recall something similiar for NWN1. When the Dragonlance project that the DLA were working on finally caved I was like wtf?! I had waited 2 years and listened to all their talk of release dates etc. And it looked so promising too! I know it was free and all but that doesn't mean I didn't believe them when they said they would release the thing. So now I approach giant projects like that with an air of caution.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #18
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

The thing with DLA is that they were hired by Bioware to develop other content (Wyvern Crown of Cormyr). Thus the free DLA mod got pushed to the side and most likly won't ever be picked up due to them not working in the NWN1 engine anymore.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #19
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Lets hope that the add on adds more faces that is not ugly beaten by the stick made :S

Oh, and that a big -lets-fix-it comes along as well.

Well, I will probably buy it in sheer and utter hopefulness that it fixes some of the things I really bug me on.

Dragon age never looked more promising then finiding out all the number two's, three's and four's being graphicly overhauled utter misery compaired to what it used to be.

Ok, I am a bit grudgy today cause yesterday I finished this article:
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20...arton_01.shtml

I can strongly suggest that you read all three of them. Plenty of good games to try out if you can manage outdated graphics Mostly nostalgia though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 AM   #20
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Must have more coffee before trying to read 12 page articles...Pretty good read, though, what I did finish.