Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 02-21-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
Irish
Welcomed New User

I recently installed HOW and the HOW manual attempts to explain the use of Gem and Scroll bags. It doesn't do a very good job. To be clear I havn't started HOW yet because I'm still completing IWD. I can't find any indication of a new "bag" slot nor can I purchase them from a vendor. I have the following questions:

a) Do I need to purchase a bag and then place it in a inventory slot?
b) Are the bags already provided and I'm just not seeing them?
c) If I need to purchase a bag who sells them?
d) Once a bag is available how do I use it?
e) Do I need to start playing a HOW game to get access to the "bags"?

Thanks in advance for any responses,
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 02:33 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

I don't recall exactly from where you get the bags/cases, but once you have one you simply leave it in your inventory. To put something into the bag/case, just drag the item onto the bag/case and let go; potions go into potion cases, scrolls/papers into scroll case, and gems/rings/keys into bags (obviously). To open a bag/case, just right-click on it.
I do seem to recall that bags/cases were available only through HoW.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Rolper
Dungeon Master

You're going to love the Bag of Holding.....
Hold on to it and don't let it go!
Just keep stuffing stuff.
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Every merchant should have some sort of bag. Some have only gem bags others have the other variety. The bag of holding can only be found or bought if you have TotLm.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:51 PM   #5
NobleNick
Quintesson

I wonder if this is a random thing, since I could purchase all three types of bags in Easthaven (with HoW installed, of course); but don't remember them being available in Kuldahar. Maybe I didn't look closely enough....
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:06 AM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I know that Orrick has a scroll case and that potion seller has a potion bag. The others i'm not sure about but i think that every merchant has at least one.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:32 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

JR Jansen is right. Every merchant should have at least one type of container for sale and oftentimes more (possible exception is the guy in Kuldahar who is interested in gems and rare books - he's southeast of Orrick in a small hut - not sure if he has any containers).

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 08:15 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
JR Jansen is right. Every merchant should have at least one type of container for sale and oftentimes more (possible exception is the guy in Kuldahar who is interested in gems and rare books - he's southeast of Orrick in a small hut - not sure if he has any containers).

Someone could always create a new type of container called a "key chain" for that guy to sell; he always wanted to buy any excess keys I had collected. I suppose he collects them like other people collect salt-and-pepper shakers.

hmm....now that I think about it, that's not a half-bad idea. Yet another reason to reinstall IWD this weekend. Like I really need to find reasons to do that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:33 AM   #9
Rolper
Dungeon Master

It seems to me that "The Hand" was the 1st time I seen a bag of holding... the little ghostie in the shop.
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote