Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2002, 05:29 AM   #21
lroyo

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Quote:
You just had to bring it up didn't you!!!!! I was successfully repressing the loss! [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Don't you worry yourself though, Qld don't have a chance of winning in Sydney. I was at the first one, and I'll be at the second one too, to watch the Blue's grand victory lap!
You were at the very first state of origin - Ididn't think you were all that old Avvy, and I seem to recall it was at Lang Park (the Cauldron) and that we won it . Oh, you mean the first one this year - well we will just see who wins the decider .
What do you mean "we won it"!!!???? I don't see Western Australia playing New South Wales in the past, present or future!

Are you telling me you're from Canetoad land Davros?

Old 06-06-2002, 05:33 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Davros - the name is Lleyton. Please! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
You beat me to it AJ.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-06-2002, 08:37 AM   #23
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Aviendha,

Yup, a card carrying Queenslander here - born in Mackay, and in my youth I played against Martin Bella and Dale Shearer. In Martin's case it was a social game of beach touch football (though I did try to tackle him once and bounced badly), and in Dale's case, it was golf (I won - he has a really bad slice).

I went to Lang Park 3 times to watch the victorious Maroooooons - was there the day Langer kicked the field goal . All hail Emperor Wally .

I been almost 10 years amongst the sand gropers, but I still proudly support the Brisbane Lions and QLD's all conquering Sheffield Shield side [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Too late Donut - Aelia has already shown me the errors of my ways [img]tongue.gif[/img] - Llama's to you [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 06-06-2002, 09:47 AM   #24
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
oh, it's real allright, except it's not a parakeet. It's one of them green birds with a red head, about the size of a parakeet. I'm not sure how they're called. I believe it's something like "agaponis", not sure though, maybe you know this. Oh yeah, it can speak a few words and i am currently trying to teach him how to say "go hammers", and that's no joke, these birds are pretty clever. And no, it's not really his birthday, just wanted to mingle with the ozzies. lol Did that clear things up for ya ?
Watch out, here comes the parrot lady....

That's a peachfaced lovebird - Apagornis roseicollis. They are very smart indeed, but very few of them talk - it's impressive that he knows a few words! Although what you are trying to teach him is of a dubious nature [img]tongue.gif[/img] A parakeet is any long-tailed parrot, whereas lovebirds are short-tailed parrots native to Namibia and Botswana.

I have 2 parrots - a Poicephalus Senegalus (Senegal Parrot) and a Melopsittacus Undulatus (Budgerigar). Neither of them are celebrating birthdays today.

[ 06-06-2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 06-06-2002, 09:56 AM   #25
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ugh - what did she say.... hand over that vodka bottle Epona - I think I need...... to errr confiscate it
Old 06-06-2002, 10:01 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I have 2 parrots - a Poicephalus Senegalus (Senegal Parrot) and a Melopsittacus Undulatus (Budgerigar). Neither of them are celebrating birthdays today.
To the tune of 'Volare' and if you support Arsenal you'll get this.

Poicephalus Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!
Poicephalus Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!
He comes from Senegal
But he can't talk at all
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-06-2002, 10:02 AM   #27
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Ugh - what did she say.... hand over that vodka bottle Epona - I think I need...... to errr confiscate it
Blimey, I've finally lost me marbles, haven't I?
Old 06-06-2002, 10:08 AM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I'm pretty sure I support Arsenal - but WOOOOOOSH!!!!!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:11 AM   #29
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I support Arsenal - but WOOOOOOSH!!!!!
ROTFL. You need to get over to see them more often Davros.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:16 AM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Don't you worry, I'll give you more warning the next time I drop in [img]smile.gif[/img] . I see young Lleyton is headed over to the Queens tournament now - what are the odds on a three-peat