Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 11:06 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

this is a philosophy thing and pls, no flamming here and keep cool heads k? [img]smile.gif[/img] (btw, im also Roman Catholic and im not trying to change anything... just giving a different point of view) btw, for those people who have thier own beliefs in thier own religion, this is specifically in Chrisitianity, so im not saying anything about any others religion (so dont get mad [img]smile.gif[/img] )

i was talking to a friend about angels. we were in deep discussion about spirituality and different stuff. one discussion we had is about angels especially one of the greatest angels of god "Lucifer". as many of you Christians out there know that Lucifer was cast out of heaven to be ultimatly becoming "satan". many of you believe that it was because of the greatness of Lucifer that led him/her to become arrogant and challenged god for it was lucifer that was really the greatest of all angels.

now while that was i was raised to believe in it, my friend gave me a different point of view... as all of us well know that angels are basically good with no evil, how does one become so corrupt then when there was no evil before satan?? it MAY be that God willed to have evil but who was to carry out evil? Lucifer, being one of the greatest angels, offered himself (or was chosen by GOD) to be sacrificed and to be hated, cast down from heaven to be satan. why? maybe god needed the best to do the worst... maybe to let other people know good and evil.. dunno... maybe god has its own reasons about it... but this is another philosophy and im not saying that you guys start worshiping satan or anything but just want to let your guys know that is MAY be a possibility... in life...

just wanting to share this to all of ya [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-19-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I am a non-Christian, personally, but this is a thought that I had at one point. I suggested this once before in another thread. Basically, I said that he was "the loyal opposition" and was simply serving a purpose. Well, I got blasted for it. Personally, I don't follow the bible (being pagan), but I have spent time studying religion both in school and on my own. I like to have religious/ philosophical debates, but there aren't many people who can debate the topic without resorting to insults and generally bad behaviour. Anyhow, I agree with your thoughts and hope that it can be discussed rationally. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-19-2002, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Arnabas ]
Old 06-19-2002, 11:15 AM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

flamin? ppl should keep a cool head while debating. Oh and I should also point out that being RC(roman catholic) doesnt make you any less christian then others. PPL seem to distinguish by 'which branch' of faith you follow. To me that doesnt make sense. If you believe in Chirst, and follow His teachings, however they are interpreted, surely that makes you a christian.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:30 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

An interesting thought, God creating the Ultimate Evil of the world..... A necessary thing, probably, for there can be no good without evil. Well, there can be, but we'd just never notice it.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:33 AM   #5
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Well, a continuation of that thought was that we needed evil to tempt us. By resisting temptation, we would become stronger. If we only have one choice (good) then being good really doesn't mean much. We are defined by the choices we make. If we have nothing to choose, how do we show that we're good?
Old 06-19-2002, 11:34 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
flamin? ppl should keep a cool head while debating. Oh and I should also point out that being RC(roman catholic) doesnt make you any less christian then others. PPL seem to distinguish by 'which branch' of faith you follow. To me that doesnt make sense. If you believe in Chirst, and follow His teachings, however they are interpreted, surely that makes you a christian.
well, each has its own [img]smile.gif[/img] , that each has its own faith in religion. and i respect all those people who believe or not believe in thier own respective "beliefs". i was just pointing out in what i have learned being a roman catholic for the past 18 years of my life (NOT IN GENERAL MEANING TO ALL ROMAN CATHOLICS OUT THERE; that it applies to you all but ONLY to ME) for me personally, i have formed my own religion in my life.. but lets not go off-topic shall we [img]smile.gif[/img] ... im talking about angels not beliefs [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-19-2002, 11:36 AM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

as you wish.... although what anyone could possibly say about angles is beyond me... I mean, how many ppl here in IW have had first hand experinces...?
Old 06-19-2002, 11:45 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i honestly have not met an angel... but my friend who i had discussion with does meet her angel from time to time (her guardian angel)... and by her expression i could honestly say that she really meant what she has said and not making anything up. i keep an open mind about this things [img]smile.gif[/img] . i dont know if any in IW have angelic encounters in life... but i do not discount anything spiritual. i have also heard stories before from other people having angelic encounters... some may be true but some may let you becoming skeptical...

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-19-2002, 11:50 AM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I'm already skeptical; its a serious character flaw I have. I have a tendency to distrust anything 'paranormal' or 'spiritual experience'; purly becuase there are so many 'fake' ones out there. and 'so-called' miricles, like stautes weeping and buildings reflecting the image of some saint...well... I just dont accept that. If God wanted to 'make a miricle' surely He would do it for something good... eg, heal someone or something... or create a triple harvest in some drout-ed country. to me *that* would be a miricle, but thats besides the point.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:05 PM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well, i cant fault you on that because it is natural for people to distrust things they have not seen (like ufo.. the other life.. blah blah) i, too, am distrustful about things like that for i wish to my eyes to see it to believe and i share your thoughts about those "fakes".

i will not "rightiously" say:
"those who believe in me, yet have not seen will have eternal life" said Jesus in the bible (forgot which verse)
"God has his own reasons for this and that..."

because it is just telling someone just believe it blindly and dont bother thinking about it, just do it... that is what i dont believe in religion... it something you just HAVE To believe in while accepting and understanding it.. whether or not it may or may not happened or its true or not.

but one thing i know of "if you truly believe on something with your heart and mind, then that belief for it may come true" maybe in a form of miracles.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..