Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2002, 07:34 AM   #21
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:

*Jerome, looking forward to Epona's next aniversary thread*

Jerome, I sincerely hope that I won't have to wait that long for your next post! Good to see you mate.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:38 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

And what about the inhabitants of this wonderful realm?
Ziroc of course, and Choc. Cloudy was a newbie - she joined while I was a lurker. Accord was the gaming expert, able to answer pretty much any query. Memnoch and Yorick, always helpful, friendly and wise. Rikard and Jerome, verbal sparring partners and evil-smiting fun. Ertai, knowledgeable and helpful. Charlie with his amazing wit and sense of humour - the Shoppe of Shite will be remembered forever (Pixie Prick anyone?). Turbovee, Stealthy, Draconia, Armisael, Tobbin, Wah - some of those I remember from the early days who have vanished to RL or can only put in the occassional appearance. SirGwayne who made my bard picture. LadyZekke, Moiraine and Melusine - it was reading the posts from these three smart and witty women that finally made me decide to take the plunge and post, knowing that I was not going to be laughed at or booted out because I was a gamer who happened to be female (having heard that such things happen at some gaming sites

It's sounds as if it was a wonderful place Epona. I only wish I had been there from the start
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-12-2002, 07:42 AM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

What a great post, Epona, I loved it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Happy anniversary!
I celebrated my first year's anniversary in October only I didn't realise it until much later

Oh and some of us did have sigs, just very small ones. I only put the elf in at the very end. I remember Wendy's simply read 'ladyzekke'. Vicotnik (another of the Ancients, LOL) had a little animated pic with Vicotnik, Archmage of Darkness. Stealthy had "Watch your back, Stealth Bomber's back" (after, thanks to Memsy, he changed from Sull Yinn into Stealth Bomber of course), Accord had "VTEC, it's the way to go" , Drake already had that little scary guy (not Neil, the other scary critter )... Hey I found one of Wolfie's: ::WOLFGIR:: :: Grrrr, wroof vrargh, where did that blasted tail of mine hide??? grrr....
Awwww that's so typical of him...cute!
LMAO!! Donut was still called Donut (Son of Donut) and his sig read: It's only the hairs on a gooseberry that stop it from being a grape!
I've had the ambrosia-quote from the beginning [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2002, 07:46 AM   #24
Epona
Zartan

Thanks everyone, what wonderful comments and compliments! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Slackerboy - I believe you joined shortly after I did, so must be an anniversary for you too.

LadyWendy - oh yes, the secret of the smiley!! It seemed as though only the computer whizzes could do them - I too felt pride in my first [img]smile.gif[/img]

Harkoliar - of course you were here too when I first joined but I didn't remember until you posted - that's what comes of changing your name, mate [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bahamut - of course you were here at around the time I joined, I think a little bit before me?

WOLFIE!!! - LOL, I was going to say something about you, how could I have left you out (this is the problem with making long posts and trying to include all your friends) - I read your name as WolfgirL and thought you were a cute little girlie-wolf (I know, I know, I'm sorry) I did catch on eventually, but it was only after a week or so that I realised my error [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Drake of course is another who was here when I joined, but he had another name at that time? Now if only I could remember what it was...
Old 02-12-2002, 07:53 AM   #25
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

It's sounds as if it was a wonderful place Epona. I only wish I had been there from the start

Donut, I honestly couldn't remember whether you were around when I joined up - shocking, I know. I think the whole 'Dublin Grocer' incident left me so discombobulated that my memory of you prior to that was erased. And I still don't get the joke
Old 02-12-2002, 07:53 AM   #26
Melusine
Dracolisk

Epona, Drake used to be Bocaj
I have an elephant's memory
Old 02-12-2002, 08:00 AM   #27
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Epona, Drake used to be Bocaj
I have an elephant's memory

Yes, Bocaj - it came to me just as your post showed up!

You were right about the signatures of course, I knew there would be some detail wrong
Most people just had text at that time, but I remember Wolfies, and your Xsar quote. And Rikard's ever changing sig text!! For a while I was 'The poster without a sig' or something like that, then Wayne (SirG) took the hint and offered to make me a picture. Now it seems everyone has them, looks pretty, but plays havoc with my browser!

Vicotnik, haven't seen him in a while. Ah my memory is dreadful, thanks for reminding me of him. And of course Lord of Alcohol was here already when I joined - I remember thinking what a hilarious name that was. Arg, there were loads of others too. Was Bilqis already here then, or did she sign up shortly after me? And plenty of others who never came to the BG section who were already around - Saz, Mouse, Moni, I think they were all here when I joined but I didn't meet them for a while.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 02-12-2002, 08:17 AM   #28
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:

Donut, I honestly couldn't remember whether you were around when I joined up - shocking, I know. I think the whole 'Dublin Grocer' incident left me so discombobulated that my memory of you prior to that was erased. And I still don't get the joke

It's in my previous post, Epona... [img]smile.gif[/img] He was Donut Son of Donut
Old 02-12-2002, 08:22 AM   #29
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

It's in my previous post, Epona... [img]smile.gif[/img] He was Donut Son of Donut

*psst - I'm just ribbing him, I remember meeting him early on - but I feel bad about leaving him out of my original post [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] *
Old 02-12-2002, 08:30 AM   #30
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:

You can roughly judge when someone joined by the member number. I'm number 94 and you are 134 so I joined shortly before you. We both joined the brown board on the 1st March 2001.

Dublin Grocer was a name that I invented when I wanted to post incognito. It's actually an anagram of Cloudbringer. People soon caught on that I was an existing member though and I was unmaked.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show