Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

I understand that when you retrieve Marten's Idol, you have a party member kidnapped. Now just out of curiosity, what happens if you're running a solo game? Does the kidnapping not happen?
Old 02-01-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

It does, and you loose the game You just get the usual "Your party has been crushed" message after all went dark.

What I did is taking an NPC for that part (I took Vi and trained her a bit before that), then that NPC can do the rescue (however you like it, I just killed that big toad) and you can dismiss him/her afterwards. This way you don't have to kill the kidnapper, which is something I really didn't want, since he's the only one selling Mana Stones, and you can never have enough of those (ok, I'm running a solo bishop, maybe it's different for you...).

Cheers
Philipp
Old 02-01-2004, 02:15 PM   #3
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the reply, one of these days I'm going to do a solo faerie ninja and actually get through the game with it [img]tongue.gif[/img] . That bit made we wonder whether or not I'd have to take an NPC with me.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Heh, i've never tried to make him take an RPC, i thought that was impossible.

Other solutions:
a) Kill Crock.
b) Leave the idol. Set Portal at the DD temple in AP, kill Marten to get the DD and portal in, cast Sane Mind or Restore when you've placed the DD.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 09:31 AM   #5
Kylospylon
The Magister

Hmmm... didn't know you could kill Marten, but now that I think about it... yeah, why wouldn't you be able to? Just never have. I'm curious, do you need to get an RPC if your solo character is a Mook (Screg Invite)?
Old 02-05-2004, 10:12 AM   #6
ferro287
Manshoon

Nope, the Mook won't kidnap you. Just get funny responses second time you visit the hologram.
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote