Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-22-2001, 02:20 PM   #11
Starkiller
The Magister

Does that actually work? Is the ability actually tied to the item, or is it simply in game SUPPOSED to be tied to it, and since you can't remove it anyway they never made properties for it. The reason I ask this is that I gave my character Edwin's amulet through Shadowkeeper, but since it cannot be removed from Edwin, it seems the developers simply gave the extra lore and spell slots to Edwin inherently, and simply made it so that the amulet is supposed to be the source in game.

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-22-2001, 02:22 PM   #12
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Hey Terence when I said BG. I meant the original Baldurs Gate. BG2 is Baldur's Gate 2. So it's the belt that keeps her alive? I didn't know that! No wonder you can never take it off!

Oops. Sorry, I haven't been around long enough to know the correct terms.

I haven't played BG yet, as I started with BG2.

But yes, ain't that a hoot!? The belt keeps her alive. I'll be damned. Clever folks those black isle, bioware people
Old 08-23-2001, 01:20 AM   #13
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

there are many characters in the game that have items with the property titled "minimum one hp", which means they cant be killed. imoen's belt is the first one.

yes, it IS edwin's amulet that gives him the extra spells per level.

generally speaking every actor in the bg world is one type of character class or another. any special abilities are usually tied to undroppable (and unpickable, therefore not found when killed) items that grant the ability. for example, most creature attacks are literally "weapons" equipped by them with their own stats. in unique cases, such as mazzy's special abilities, these were added to her using the same format that gives kits their abilities.

basically any spell or ability can be given to any item or character with an editor. i imported my 20 INT gnome illusionist/theif into bg2 and wanted him to have something unique, so i made him some goggles, which like jan's help with finding traps, also gives him permanent detect illusions. i rarely play with standard npc's either.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:34 AM   #14
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
The game makes it impossible for her to die. My *unique* friend Shane figured this out when he attacked her himself. When she gets to 1 hp she leaves the dungeon screaming "I'm not going to die here i'm not!" Or something of that nature. Everything after that happens as normal.

I did the very same thing to see what would happen. She yelled that and ran away. I gave chase but she eluded me.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-23-2001, 02:08 AM   #15
Helldog12
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER
Ahh,worng again...if you are a cheater LOL...dont see why you would be but never know. you can do CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()
and then put your cursor on imoen and push ctrl+y she takes more than a thousand damage i think she would die...i odnt know though ircunicus didnt die at my buddys house he F***ing did it like a million times i dunno try it it could work...LOL if you just wanted to kill her even if she is your sister
Old 10-19-2001, 05:34 AM   #16
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
She cannot die in Chapter 1 because of the unremovable item she wears (a belt I think) - she does not have this when you rescue meet with her again

Correct. Imoen's belt has some sexy properties:

Immunity to:
Petrification
Polymorph
Powerword: Sleep
Sleep
Death
Slay
Imprisonment
Charm creature
Panic
Level drain
Beserk
Power word: Kill
Disintegrate
Poison
Stun
Hold creature
Morale break
And finally (and most importantly) it sets her minimum hp to "1"

- so yeah, you can't hack her to death nor cast a spell to kill her...
Old 10-19-2001, 05:36 AM   #17
Skunk
Banned User

ps.

Imoen is not the only charactor to wear this belt, Mellissan has it too... (and one or two other charactors that I can't recall)
Old 10-19-2001, 05:39 AM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Immune to 'Morale Break'?
Old 10-19-2001, 06:13 AM   #19
Skunk
Banned User

Yeah - immune to morale break.
Have NO idea why they put that one in...