Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-13-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
The Fiction Weaver

I have a few questions to ask all the pros out there...and while I'm on, I'd like to share what I've learned in the game:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Questions:
1) For some reason, Scathril attact me on site and I killed him like 3 weeks ago. I just found out through this forum that I need him to become an assassin, which I've been waiting patiently for. Now that he is dead, and did NOT drop a dagger, is there any way to still become an assassin?

2) I have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th BOOKS OF CREATION...I'm obviously missing the first. Where in God's name did I pass it up? I'm assuming one of the first dungeons somewhere :/
Things I've learned (spoilers maybe):
1) Keep, steal, or buy back the DRAGON ARROW from Torin. Give it to a ranger with fletching and let them multiply. If you want to get rich REALLY fast, BLESS the arrow with 12 "damage" enchantments, and each singal arrow will sell for a fortune!!! You'll find that after only 1 day of play, you'll be firing these deadly arrows regularly, despite the fact that each one seels for like half a million gold. I've done almost 100 damage with a singal one of these arrows! That leprecaun fell like a mug of 3 day old irish beer =O

2) The final ROGUE quest givin in PORT ROON gives endless XPs. Once you return the leprecaun's amulet to MIRUTH at the PAWN SHOP, he will give you 5000xps and a PROMOTION every single time a character is selected. This is a very easy way to level up a new class fast, and STILL get training almost every level (without even leaving town).

3) If you drop the GENIE LAMP, just after invoking the genie, you can pickit back up after he leaves without losing it, giving you essentially, endless wishes. If you want a weapon, armor, and amulet for everyone, use a few mules from town to do the wishing =)

4) Make sure to invoke the EYE from the BOOGRE PIT. This gives the EVIL EYE trait. Once it is used, placing into the wall slot where it is used, and then removing it, reactivates the "power", allowing it to be used over and over. Not a bad backup ability to have on all 6 characters =)

5) Once you are filthy rich from the DRAGON ARROW trick, slap 12 "damage" BLESSINGS onto the WIZARD DAGGER and watch a warlock slap out 70+ points of damage on a good poke =)

6) Make sure you keep the MASK OF DEATH, it makes for a hell of helmet on any class character, but is especially nice looking on a rat ninja. Also, the UNDERWATER HELMS can be enchanted, so they can turn out to be a pretty serious peice of armor as well =)

7) Last thing I can think of at this time: Kill the little King Fred, he's worth the loot you can get at that point in the game. HOWEVER, make sure you charm at least one of the STOUT GUARDS during the battle, and let him live. This way, if you ever take on a new warrior guild member, he can still complete the INVITATION QUEST =)

WELP, thanks for reading, and please feel free to toss in some comments or add what you like.

And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...please answer my questions =)

~THANK YOU, FROM THE FICTION WEAVER...........................
Old 02-13-2001, 02:15 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Fiction Weaver,

Unfortunately, Scanthril is the only way you can get the Assassin's dagger. However, if you're up for cheating a little, Wyvern may know how to hack you an Assassin's dagger (all you need is that item in your inventory to get the Role Ascension). Wyv, are you out there?

The 1st book of creation is ALLLLLL the way back in the Serpent Temple. It's in a room near the Naga's chambers. You need the Skull Key (the same key you opened the door to find Elyssia) to get it. It's the Tome of Fire. Most people miss this one because they're so hyped up about finishing Serpent Temple that they forget about that little side room. Myself, I have no idea why they put the Tome of Fire in the Serpent Temple...it has nothing to do with fire, unless you count what happens at the Spirit Summoning.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:18 PM   #3
Dwarf

How dare you insult the honour of Freyedies (even if he wasn't half the King Brinbath was).
As far as I can remember the first book is in the Serpent Temple possibly in the secret room in the library (snake wizard's study)but I might be wrong on that one. Most of the thingsthat you've mentioned are already on this forum somewhere. If you want to become a paid assassin then you'd better make sure that next time through you let the stinking rat Scanthril live (even if his rogue minoins are throwing shuriken at you at the time).
Old 02-14-2001, 03:34 AM   #4
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well at least he attacked you... I just killed him to avenge Gorthius.

The Priests quest for Jathril in Ishad also gives unlimted XPs.

There is a character editor out there that is supposed to be updated with an item editor at some point. Not sure when that is. Check at this site for more info: http://www.urtools.de.
meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 09:38 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Let's make this a link:

There is a character editor out there that is supposed to be updated with an item editor at some point. Not sure when that is. Check at this site for more info: http://www.urtools.de

meow - so you know how to do it yourself - just put a "\" in front of the url !

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 01:10 PM   #6
meow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ahhh... thanks for the tip on the links!
meow is offline   Reply With Quote