Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2001, 07:06 AM   #31
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

In fact, anyone interested, take a look at this link:

http://www.fsz.bme.hu/hungary/budapest/kepek/szines.htm

I've been to or seen about 90% of those places.
Old 08-25-2001, 07:20 AM   #32
Melusine
Dracolisk

Stunning!! Really marvelous pictures, Vaskez!
I was discussing going to Hungary or maybe Prague on my next holiday with my boyfriend recently. Those parts of Eastern Europe are one of the few places in Europe that are REALLY cheap and yet have such rewarding, beautiful places to visit

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-25-2001, 07:31 AM   #33
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hello! Welcome back!!! You had fun... good for you! Hope ya brought some stuff back home!

------------------

My love for her is beyond words... beyond time... you know this
Old 08-25-2001, 07:43 AM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Memnoch mate I remember u once said u were 26 right? Well I guess it's time for the terrible truth to come out...........I'm actually younger than u in that case but u can still call me Uncle Vask if u want
Doesn't matter, I want you to feel OLD

Those snaps look awesome by the way. Might be a bit long to load up for dialup users, but worth the wait.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 08-25-2001).]
Old 08-25-2001, 08:15 AM   #35
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

LOL Memnoch
I'm a dialup user as well and the pics don't take too long to load.

Melusine, I wouldn't say Budapest is REALLY cheap. It depends what u buy and where. Sure, alcohol is much cheaper if you buy it in a shop or at a small local pub but if you go to the touristy places it won't be much or at all cheaper!
It's ridiculous cos the average salary is like a 3rd of what it is in England and yet things like electrical goods (hifi, tv etc.) cost the same as they do in England. The things that are cheaper are the everyday things that everybody needs: food, drink, accomodation, public transport etc.

p.s. Hungary is not eastern Europe. Take a look at the map The Ural mountains are the eastern border of europe and portugal is the west edge of mainland europe. Hungary is bang-slap in the middle
Old 08-25-2001, 08:24 AM   #36
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
LOL Memnoch
I'm a dialup user as well and the pics don't take too long to load.

Melusine, I wouldn't say Budapest is REALLY cheap. It depends what u buy and where. Sure, alcohol is much cheaper if you buy it in a shop or at a small local pub but if you go to the touristy places it won't be much or at all cheaper!
It's ridiculous cos the average salary is like a 3rd of what it is in England and yet things like electrical goods (hifi, tv etc.) cost the same as they do in England. The things that are cheaper are the everyday things that everybody needs: food, drink, accomodation, public transport etc.

p.s. Hungary is not eastern Europe. Take a look at the map The Ural mountains are the eastern border of europe and portugal is the west edge of mainland europe. Hungary is bang-slap in the middle
I believe Hungary is called "Eastern Europe" because it was part of the UdSSR(i think) (sp?) Also, most Europeans that I know do not think of Europe as going all the way to the Ural mountains but as ending before that. Whatever the reason, France, Spain, England and Portugal are Western Europe, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland are Middle Europe and Hungary (among others) is Eastern Europe.
I think.
Old 08-25-2001, 08:24 AM   #37
Melusine
Dracolisk

*sigh* No, and strictly speaking, Germany isn't Western Europe either. They're just the names that are used, not the actual locations . I always was first in class with Geography so I know where Budapest is...

Also, Prague *is* incredibly cheap. I know, because several of my friends/relatives went there in the last few years and compared prices to the Dutch ones. Also, I'm not planning to buy any electrical goods there and I certainly avoid 'touristy' places like the plague, no matter what country I visit

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-25-2001, 08:31 AM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

The above in reply to Vaskez, not you, Kaz

Thanks, that's about what I meant with the term. Not saying agree with those terms, but they are at least commonly understood...or so I always thought LOL

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 08-25-2001, 08:31 AM   #39
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hey no worries, I was only messing around. I know that Hungary is known as part Eastern Europe because it used to be Communist... anyway officially the Ural Mountains do mark the eastern border of Europe- that is a fact. Moscow is still Europe politically.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:08 PM   #40
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Hey Liliara, congratulations on attaining Dungeon Master status!
After when do you get a rank up from Magister, anyway? (the picture doen't look that good...)
-----------------------------------------

Thank you Kaz! Took me by surprise actually, couldn't find my posts by the pics any more! LOL!

I was soooo tired of that old one!

------------------
The more thou sweateth in training, the less though bleedeth in combat