Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 08:21 AM   #61
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Until they do, i hope you don't mind that i won't keep em in my pocket until i find a decent place to leave em in.
Bah, thats so disrespectful, you should have to keep them in your pockets [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 08:26 AM   #62
Irongrinder

I hope they'll use different ashtrays as the ones on Dutch trainstations though Johnny. I'm still wondering which idiot designed those. The nonsmoking people were better off before those ashtrays came in.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #63
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
smokers are breaking the law anyway, they litter with their cig butts. to me they're sorta criminals..
Two Words: CHEWING GUM.

That's everywhere.

I'm a non-smoker. But it shouldn't be banned. In short, without ranting:

1) It brings too much money into the country through tax.
2) It's part of pub culture. Whereas it should be banned in restaurants or food serving pubs - pure drinking pubs or bars it's part of the culture. NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO GO IN! So shush.
3)There are many alternative places
4) As far as health issues go, passive smoking is bad - yes. But come on - being in the presence of a smoker every now and then isn't the end of the world, it's not killing you as fast as McDonalds is. Did you know that the air in churches has been found to be as bad for you as some main roads? All those bloody candles they light in there is very bad for your lungs.
SO!
IN CONCLUSION!!

Shush [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 08:43 AM   #64
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Irongrinder:
I hope they'll use different ashtrays as the ones on Dutch trainstations though Johnny. I'm still wondering which idiot designed those. The nonsmoking people were better off before those ashtrays came in.
I don't think i've ever seen one of those, and i take the train quite often. I admit that i forget about the smoke ban sometimes, and find myself lighting a cigarette on the crowded platforms, or even in the train sometimes. Luckily there's always a friendly person who reminds me of my ignorance before NS personnel gets a chance to fine me. Didn't they place a "pafpaal" on the platforms or something like that ? A miniscule piece of ground where all the smokers are gathered like cattle ?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #65
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

In other words, people shouldnt go to church anymore??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Naughty, naughty Beamunoir, turning IW's users to the dark side [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 08:50 AM   #66
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
In other words, people shouldnt go to church anymore??? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Naughty, naughty Beamunoir, turning IW's users to the dark side [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Ha I can see i'm going to get ran out of 'cyber-town' with pitchforks and torches if I reply to that
Old 11-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #67
Irongrinder

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I don't think i've ever seen one of those, and i take the train quite often. I admit that i forget about the smoke ban sometimes, and find myself lighting a cigarette on the crowded platforms, or even in the train sometimes. Luckily there's always a friendly person who reminds me of my ignorance before NS personnel gets a chance to fine me. Didn't they place a "pafpaal" on the platforms or something like that ? A miniscule piece of ground where all the smokers are gathered like cattle ?
Yup, a "pafpaal". Normally everyone throws their cig's in a public ashtray with sand. It either goes out because of the sand or it burns up itself. with the "pafpaal" everyone throws their cigarettes in (there's no easy way to put it out first on the pole) and turns the whole pole in smoke. Most of the poles are already black from hours of smoking and creating quite a large area with such a bad smell from burned filters. I've heard more people complaining about that smell then before the poles from just smoking. Even smokers try to get clear of the area
Old 11-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #68
Sythe
Ra

If smokers want to poison their lungs until they get cancer, let them. Not my problem. It is only my problem if they use their chimney of a mouth to blow that horrid smoke in my breathing space.

NON smokers: If you are walking past someone that is smoking just hold your breath and move quickly. That is what I always do.

Smokers: Have the courtesy to blow your smoke not in the direction of non smokers.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #69
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sythe:
If smokers want to poison their lungs until they get cancer, let them. Not my problem. It is only my problem if they use their chimney of a mouth to blow that horrid smoke in my breathing space.

NON smokers: If you are walking past someone that is smoking just hold your breath and move quickly. That is what I always do.

Smokers: Have the courtesy to blow your smoke not in the direction of non smokers.
You're acting as if we smokers are deliberately trying to make the non smokers sick, as if we're aiming at you or something. What do you want us to do ? Wear a yellow band with a David's cross on our arm so you can recognise us ?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:37 PM   #70
Sythe
Ra

I phrased my last sentance wrong. I know that not all smokers do that (blowing in the direction of non smokers). Some of my friends (who smoke) know it bothers me. They either don't smoke at all or just don't blow the smoke in my direction. And I am not saying,

If you are a smoker. And a non smoker comes by you. You the smoker just stop smoking all of a sudden until the non smoker passes.

As much as I would appreciate it I know it would infringe on the smoker's right to smoke. I just ask to those who don't show any courtesy to blow their smoke in a direction away from a non smoker.