Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-17-2001, 11:42 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I found this at Nhl.com

"He reportedly clashed with coaches and was unhappy at times last season with owner/player Mario Lemieux before going to general manager Craig Patrick and asking for a trade."

What is this all about? Sence when have they not liked each other? Rember I am a newbie to hockey...

and I found this there too

"It's going to be strange, it's going to be something new for me to play against [them]," Jagr said. "I want to prove to the Penguins that they made a big mistake."

The Big mistake being them trading him? Well if he was ahving Problems with Mario anyway..

Can somone shed some light here?

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 07-18-2001, 12:03 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

he said he wanted a trade... whats with him? he thinks that he can handle the penguins? the NJ Devils made short work out of him... and it was easy... shut him down. im sure the pengs have a few hard hitters to seal him out

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-18-2001, 12:09 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Never thought of Jagr as a ass. He might not be, maybe just a little mad right now. But why? Mad at Lemieux? Why? Mad at the pens? Why?

I dont know

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 07-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Grand-Ranger (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 08:47 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

he said, Jagr, that he wanted a trade, now that he got it, hes pissed?

talent can really make people asses...

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-18-2001, 02:17 PM   #5
Conan

A week after-----600 new ticket packages plus 200 season ticket renewals---a raise in in ticket prices 10 to 15%. Crazy huh! I didn't buy any.

------------------
Conan ~*~

Old 07-18-2001, 05:58 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

well...I checked out that Jagr interview on the web,
and yeah...he's looking pretty bad.
He says "I'm gonna make them regret it" (Not exact quote but it is along these lines).
But wake up Jaromir...You asked for the trade numerous times.
What a cocky sob.
Even lacking in class as he is...and still one of the best players in
the world.
It's definetly a good time to be a Cap's fan...

EDIT> Deleted that other post about Lindros. Guess the rumour was shot down
about the possible three way trade with edmonton...good.

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-23-2001, 04:42 AM   #7
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Jagr wanted the trade and the Pens wanted to trade him to free up $10.1 million per year in salary. Theyd have liked to have kept him but $20.2 mill in 2 years lets you re-sign all your key players and maybe even get some good veterans as free agents.

Jagr is saying the stuff about making the pens play because he wants to prove he IS the best player in the world and as long as hes on a team with Mario he will ALWAYS be in Marios shadow. And hes trying to sound like a team player with the Caps. Now Jagr has the chance to prove he can win a Cup without Mario sending him crisp passes. My guess is Jagr wont win the cup with the Caps. But hey think of all the Jagr jerseys the Caps will sell..... its gonna be a marketing bonanza.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2001, 05:16 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Wow... in my opinion, Jagr is an ass now coz of his skill... Take up the Avalanche for example... Pierre Larcoix is good yes, but if their players really wanted big bang booties they would opted to be out there in the free-agency field... And take a look at Peter Forsberg. He is one of the best players in the world, if not for his injuries (Ruptured spleen? You gotta be kidding me) and Lemieux. To be honest, I don't see Jagr as one of the best because he is not good with checking or defense as these other players namely Lemieux and Forsberg. Sakic is even better than Jagr I think because he understands his team. If jagr thought about unity and a Stanley Cup with his Idol and friends he would consider lowering or maintainging his salary, not increasing it.

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-23-2001, 04:46 PM   #9
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

There is no doubt that Jagr isnt a great universal player. But that not what people praise him for being. He is a scoring machine. Thats what he is good at and that what he dose. People like Forseberg are great all around players. that dosent make them beter. Well it dose but.

Look at it this way..

A Illusionist Wizard dose Illusions. Thats what he is good at. He dose not try to be good at somthing else cause he isnt.

Same way with Jagr he a scorer not a checker or defencemen.

------------------

Old 07-24-2001, 10:20 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

And a bloody dolt.

But, GMs would rather get a well-rounded player... unless they are in despereate need of a very good scorer...

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe