Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-03-2001, 02:47 AM   #11
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Cloudy needs the help. I need to laugh. I need to like being here again, I need to see people talking, laughing, playing ...

So.. anew..

I am Cloudbringer. Welcome to Ironworks! Welcome,Welcome Welcome- every time you sign on, and may All your Adventuring be Spectacular!

I still love ya, Cloudy!
and I'm still talking, laughing, and playin ...

just alone, mostly...
"Dancin with myself, O-O-OhOh"

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
and my girlfriends, Pamila and Phil
Old 05-03-2001, 02:52 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

RudeDawg! I gotta got to bed...2am and I get up 4 hrs or less for work

But- thanks!!!!!!!!!!! See you tomorrow! Hope that work-conference is over!

Cloudy, up way too late and sure to pay for it..sigh..

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-03-2001, 03:00 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Are you the one that said f**ck ironworks?

Caleb, if Zeeke wants to flame Ironworks in another forum - LET HIM. There's no need to bring that here, it merely deepens the rift between members. Who cares what people say outside our forum? No need to bring it inside. We know how great our forum is, as long as he didn't say it here, who cares.

------------------
Old 05-03-2001, 04:15 AM   #14
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I was not trying to bring the flaming here. I was just wondering why someone that said f**k ironworks would continue to post here.
------------------
Meet my lawyer.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 04:26 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

*sigh*

Let's all just put this behind us, I think we've well and truly beat this issue to death. I for one am sick of constantly hearing about something that I thought was RESOLVED!!!! in another thread 2 days ago.

------------------
Old 05-03-2001, 04:46 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hear hear, Memnoch. I don't understand why this thread even began. I thought it was resolved in Ladyraes thread.

I would like to add one thing, and that is regarding the labelling of "closed mindedness" on those that were bored and annoyed by the "romance" of the "Moons hope inn".

Tolerance and open mindedness works both ways. Tolerance is choosing to coexist with something you don't agree with. Anyone can tolerate something they enjoy. I could very well label those who were offended by criticisms of the Inn to be in turn intolerant and closed minded of those critical opinions.

Where would that get us?

I am glad you enjoyed the Inn, Kdog/Zeeke. I for one got very bored by it as at one stage it was the only thread being responded to, so I very nearly left the board to find something more interesting. I decided instead to voice my opinion and got lambasted. Interesting indeed. I thought this matter sunk before the Ironworks went offline. Sad to see it hasn't.

I must say I was glad to see Ladyrae voicing an honest opinion though. Anger by itself is not destructive as it can energise an individual to achieve much. It is the actions that normally go along with anger which cause such grief and devastation. I prefered reading Ladyraes strong opinions on sexual jokes to anything 'lovey-dovey' that she posted because it made me think and gave an insight into depths of her character hidden until that point.

But then that's just me, and this is just my opinion.

I hope you guys have the openmindedness to tolerate it.

Thankyou

Yorick.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-03-2001, 06:57 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick...

From someone as open-minded as *I* have seen you be, I would tolerate a whole lot more. Have, actually. And I know you've done same in my case and many others.

Just a little 'Glad to see you Post' post, really. Not much to add...no don't check my forehead anyone, I'm not feverish! Just tired, and getting ready for work.
And my sig isn't working...waaaah!

Cloudy

PS...WALRUS? LOLOLOLOL....I'm in the mood for scrambled eggs...hehehe
------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 07:10 AM   #18
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Yorick, still here ? I don't see you on the 'Who's online' ...

Guys, STOP ! Please ...

If we start to throw 'intolerance' and 'closed-mindedness' to each others because we may not react the same way to a topic, where will we end up ? I don't like at all the direction the whole thing has gone.

I never voiced my own opinion about the 'romance' thing. I was not willing neither even able to participate to that. However I felt that if others enjoyed it, good for them ! Live and let live, as long as nobody gets hurt.
I mostly stayed away from the whole discussion about that, though, mostly from lack of time to read the posts. I did catch your thread, Yorick, before it disappeared. But I never guessed you had given thoughts to leave the Board. And that makes me sad.

Ah. And why choose the very week of our dear Dan's wedding to make all that fuss ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-03-2001, 07:21 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey everyone...Melusine's Hamster needs a name!!! Head for the thread and help!

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-03-2001, 07:33 AM   #20
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you KDog & Zeeke. I could not have said it better myself. I agree 100%, as you know. Sazerac, you are right too.

I have kept silent through much of the controversy, because like KDog, if I don't like a thread or the direction a thread is going, then I just don't go there. And Yorick, that was the point KDog was making. Not so much about the 'closemindedness' of people, but that if you don't like a topic, then don't go there. I am not interested in football/soccer... so I don't go read anything in that thread. I am not very interested in testosterone jokes, so I just have never even looked there. I'm not a member of the OHF, so I leave that topic alone too. Do I feel excluded because people are discussing topics I have no interest in?? No, I do not!! There are a myriad of other topics & threads on this forum for people to participate in, so leave the ones you don't like alone. Period.

Memnoch, and Cloudy, this topic keeps coming up because the Moon's Hope Inn meant a LOT to those of us who were regulars. It has been hurtful to be met with such criticism and ridicule from people who don't understand what enjoyment we received from participating there. And LofA (who I still consider a friend but am so disappointed in now) brought it up again when he was so insulting to the Inn and those of us who love it.

Ziroc has created a wonderful place here. I, for one, am not going to leave, tho I haven't posted much lately because there haven't been many threads that have interested me enough to say anything about. I hope we all can remember that we are a community of diverse peoples with different interests and beliefs, and accept that not every topic is going to be all-inclusive.

Love you guys.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 05-03-2001).]