Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 02:43 AM   #11
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I would go with:
dwarven pure kensai (main offensive melee fighter)
fighter/cleric (dual at level 12, backup tank)
kensai/thief (dual at 12 or so, in ToB you can then use armor with Use any Item skill)
Inquisitor (for the dispel and true sight, + another tank)
Kensai/mage (dual at level 9)

And one more class of your choice. Maybe bard, maybe mage/cleric multiclass, maybe a monk if you want more melee power, or maybe an archer for a bit of ranged skill.

Its sorta a powergamers group, though... But you will kick alot of ass.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:31 AM   #12
Norbane
Dungeon Master

my suggestion;

1 Berserker
1 Sorcerer or Conjurer
1 Berserker dualled to thief at level 1, points in longsword and katana
1 Cleric
1 More Sorcerer or Conjurer, maybe go for a Kensai and dual to mage at level 8
1 Druid type, I'd go for the one (name on the tip of my tongue) that can shapeshift to a werewolf. Or just throw in another tank type, possibly a monk.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:06 AM   #13
tehmpus
The Magister

What's the challenge in starting up an entirely pre-made BGII adventuring party?

You'll be missing out on fun NPC interactions throughout the entire game, and pleny of quests.

Bah

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-23-2001, 05:14 AM   #14
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Sometimes people want to create things to their specifications. Granted you miss out on quite a few quests, and there's no entertaining dialogue, but they get to play all the combinations they've dreamed of in one party. Or maybe they like themed parties (like robin hood, Sword of Shannara, or D&D cartoon series). As I speak of it I'm tempted to roll one up, I gotta admit.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:40 AM   #15
Rikard

I kicked Maior Ass with this party

Inquisitor
Beastmaster (main Character)
Sorcerer
Beserker dualled to Mage (level 9)
Cleric of Helm
Assassin

You might want to replace the Beastmaster with an Archer since i only had the Beastmaster coz i wanted to try it for once
A Fighter/Thief can be very good aswell instead of Assassin but i like backstabbin

Inquisitor gets 2-Handed Sword (Vorpal Sword, Holy Avenger)
Archer gets ehmm Bow? and Halberd (Wave Halberd, Dragons Breath)(or staff (staff of Rhynn) if BeastMaster)
Sorcerer gets Staff/Dagger/Sling (Staff of Magi / Fire Tooth / Sling+5)
Beserker Mage gets Katana (Celestial Fury, Dak'kon Zerth sword)
Cleric gets Hammer and Flail (Crom Feayr / Flail of Ages) or Hammer and Shield
Assassin gets Long Sword/Short Sword (Daystar / Blackrazor) pref. single weapon style + short bow

This way you have a good thief, a good magic caster (from experience you only need one caster who will get about 50% of the kills ) 2 Tanks who can protect the rest (Cleric and Paladin), a good ranged attacker and A Backup Mage/ Fighter (a Beserker mage can deal massive damage with weapons but can wear no non-elven armor)

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 04:17 PM   #16
Synthos
Manshoon

Assasin?=Crap
They only get 15 points to their theif skills and IMO a useless poison ability..
Swashbuckler is Way WAY better.. Normal Points and better combat bonuses...
Old 10-23-2001, 05:08 PM   #17
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

but swashbucklers can't backstab, if I remember correctly. That sucks, it takes all the fun out of playing a thief. Getting 200+ point backstabs with the 7x modifier is great fun, IMO. Admittedly, the poison ability isn't great, but against a tough opponent, it can turn the tide.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:11 PM   #18
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Norbane:
my suggestion;
1 Berserker dualled to thief at level 1, points in longsword and katana
Typo perhaps, but I don't see how you can dual your character at level 1 in BG2, considering you start at level 7-8.

Old 10-23-2001, 07:19 PM   #19
Norbane
Dungeon Master

Typo perhaps, but I don't see how you can dual your character at level 1 in BG2, considering you start at level 7-8.

Not so much a typo as an oversight, I generally consider the starting point of the game to be at lvl 1, and it's taken a toll on my mental vernecular.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:18 PM   #20
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i prefer to play with all my own characters, five actually. then i can get ONE npc at a time, so i can do quests and the like, just for the exp. i prefer it this way, because frankly, imho, all of the npc's suck. well, not all, but i get tired of jaheira, minsc, keldorn, anomen, and jan. it just gets old. but with my own party, i can make them whatever i want. personally, i think that it should have one npc, for EVERY class in the game. that way you have a large variety in which to choose. that is just my opinion though.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine