Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 11:54 PM   #21
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh! Thanks, I did't put the space inbetween STR and 20!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:25 AM   #22
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Oh! Thanks, I did't put the space inbetween STR and 20!
No problem.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 07:53 AM   #23
Whailor

But in the end, this is still all "cheating" and it will flag your char as "illegal" one. Doesn't matter in SP or friendly no limit MP, but in "legal" MP games - you're out. Not that they let the players use their own chars anyway, mostly...

OK, here's a FREE and LEGAL way to "cheat", if you're "creative": requires the time and use of the Toolset.

Basically, open the prologue.nwm file (make a copy of the original file, and remove the read-only flag from the one you edit). Find the training halls and then check for the moster spawns. Check the spawn properties and set the spawn to be repeatable, increase the number of spawns. In some room where only one "batch" spawns, set the group size to, say 6, in big hall where many spawn, set the group size to 5 or so. Can set more, depends whether the hardware will lag or not;

Then check the monsters in that spawn. Change their difficulty rating manually to 125 (max). Heck you can even replace the mobs, if you wish;

Check the containers in the area, open their properties and inventory, and add the "neat stuff" to that inventory. Remember though, you can't just load up every chest and rack you see, quite few have limits. You can load items on monsters, chests.. Easiest way is to also load gear on the Olgerd, the merchant, and set the selling price to be very cheap, and buying price big, so you can buy for 1 gold and sell for 10'000 gold

Remember that from lvl 1 to lvl 20, you have 4 times chance to raise your stats by one. So, plan the stats ahead like this, set the main stat high and secondary high stats so, that you can balance or bring them up with the stat training.

Also, you can remove the level restriction from the item in game, there's the line in .ini file, which allows it. That way you can create yourself some items, which are very powerful and boost your char up, without messing up your char. You can always in the end get rid of the items and have a "valid" char;

But in the end, this makes the game boring, as the challenges are lost. At the same time it's "cheating" without making the char illegal. Only positive thing what it will give to you is experience of working with Toolset, having some fun with it. I personally started to mess with modules and Toolset after I played thru the game for the 3rd time. I knew what the game was all about, so I had simply some fun. Not to mention I added some mobs to places, which were more appropriate. I mean - does anyone really buy it, that the pathetic mage with his crappy goblins and even crappier skeletons really killed off the Academy trainers and all students? I sure didn't buy it, I mean no one can be that crappy, heh. So I added the monsters which could do it really, for example, and had quite some fun with a new char going thru the place. Now that was a challenge

Remember though - you must restore the original files, when you're about to patch. Patching will fail with non-original files.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:44 PM   #24
LordKathen

Cool, thanks, I will try that!
Old 10-05-2002, 01:24 PM   #25
LordKathen

Sir Exxon, Im still having trouble with the codes. I tried the space in between SetSTR and 20 and it still didnt work. I tried the ModSTR to. I did turn the Debug Mode on.I dont know.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:47 PM   #26
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Sir Exxon, Im still having trouble with the codes. I tried the space in between SetSTR and 20 and it still didnt work. I tried the ModSTR to. I did turn the Debug Mode on.I dont know.
Ah, I think I see the problem.
You write Debug Mode 1 in the cheat console? That is one space too much. Write DebugMode 1 instead.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:55 AM   #27
LordKathen

Finaly! Thank you very much. I shall recommend you to my Queen Emylee of Neraka for your valiant effort at helping me in my quest for knowledge in this matter. May Takhisis bless you.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:25 AM   #28
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by perk31:
Also, it will keep you from taking your character into the next chapter unless you change nwnplayer.ini.
Oooops. Is this verified ? I cheated only a bit since my chara kept failing in ANY reaction involving reflex saves (buffed up DEX 3 points) and I'm not oooh-so-in-love with NWN to start over again (doing that with IWD2 [img]smile.gif[/img] ) Change what in nwnplayer.ini ?

thx,
Neuro
Old 10-07-2002, 02:47 PM   #29
Big Bad Bear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

look at the following below.

Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=1

this is the basic line under [Game Options]

change it to:

Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=0

All there is to it.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #30