Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2001, 04:11 PM   #1
RAISTLIN

The reason for this post is that i think alot of people would really like to do multi but do not know much about it. Also like me they are relatively new to the forum and do not have anyone they know well enough to ask for help or ask to get in on newly forming games

I am looking for general info on you experience with this. Please feel free to answer questions I have not thought of. Here are some starteres
Can only one person have control (so you let them use your char and they could kill it?

Any number of preferred members to a party logging in? Why?

Any particular hardware software problems that seenm to occur?

If only one is controlling, how do other people give that person imput or advice on a battle?

How tough is it to set up?

Could a first time through player who is semi savy set it up with out contemplating suicide?

Any one played it through the whole way? What kind of time commitment did you do weekly and how long did it take in real time?

Please feel free to prattle on in general about this topic. I feel general discussion will make more multi games which will no doubt help the longevity of this forum.

Old 02-19-2001, 04:43 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well ive played multiplayer till nalias castle and these are my tips:

- no more than 3-4 players or it will become a complete hell. we played only 3 and even being 3 we had lotsa discussions
- plan battles before fighting or they will be like all of you had chaos
- raistlin, the master only controls his/her own character, you control yours and so on. The master can change the permissions to make everybody (or nobody except him) capable to travel, buy/sell etc.
- try to have exactly the same configuration

well my brain hurts so i will give more tips later (if i remember more and if nobody posts them first)
Old 02-19-2001, 04:52 PM   #3
RAISTLIN

Thnaks for the start Ertai