Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2001, 04:28 PM   #11
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bigotry in any form sickens me. People should be treated as the individuals they are and not as collective anythings.Be it on the basis of race, class, ethnicity, age, sex, disability, religion, etc.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 06-24-2001, 04:30 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I found out today, that in China I would be called a "White Ghost" I like it!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-24-2001, 05:46 PM   #13
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Also sence when did the board get so polotical anyway? First off we are talking about George Bush then we are talking about racsism, and I also think there is a religion post some where!

Havent people learned that in some point or another that post like these will just cause aguments!

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 06-24-2001, 05:59 PM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

GrandRanger, so you would rather not discuss any of the world's major problems just because it "will just cause arguements" anyway??
These topics NEED to be addressed and discussion of it often increases understanding. So far, everybody on this thread agrees that racism is a horrible thing, so there goes your arguement flying out of the door. And even if someone would show up and say (s)he is a racist, don't you think we could at least try and show him the error of his/her ways??

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-24-2001, 06:22 PM   #15
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
So, is that not racisit against white people? Not that I am racisit. But I know a guy who is and (many people wont agree) but he says its not just the color he dosent like, he couldnt care less about color, its how they act.

And dont try to disagree, ever race acts a difrent way.

Yes, they do. Myself, I find it odd the way African people (living in Africa) dance and sing and stamp about at rallies and things. They must find it odd the English people DON'T! I find it odd that Greeks stop talking if you prevent them moving their hands. They must find it odd that English people can talk with their hands in their pockets! We are ALL diferent, but we are all related to each other. We are family. Like it or not!

------------------

Old 06-24-2001, 06:27 PM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Also sence when did the board get so polotical anyway? First off we are talking about George Bush then we are talking about racsism, and I also think there is a religion post some where!

Havent people learned that in some point or another that post like these will just cause aguments!

Me and Yorick have a religious debate going. We hold very different views about some things and state our cases vigorously, but there is not the least animosity. We have respect for each other. Respect prevents disagreements becoming arguments.

------------------

Old 06-24-2001, 06:44 PM   #17
Djinn Raffo
Ra

IMHO.
A forum is like this: An ancient greek philosophical debate that is taking place in one of those outdoor theatres with stairs for seats and where intellectuals and citzens come to discuss the issues of the day. Clean manners are the rule. I am impressed with the courage it took Lavindathar to post this and I applaud it.
Old 06-24-2001, 06:48 PM   #18
Moni

My Favorite T=shirt slogan:
"One World, One People, Please!"

No, this does not mean that there should be only one race inhabiting the planet.

It means that we should all treat each other like the brothers and sisters that we are.

My family tried to push racist points of view onto me but it never made any sense, esp when we ourselves are such a diverse mixture of races and nationalities! IF I were going to be racist, I'd have to hate myself for being human...not gonna happen!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-24-2001, 07:13 PM   #19
Charean
Hathor

Oddly enough, when you travel, you will find that even though the surface customs are different, we really are all the same with the same basic needs.

Everyone responds to kindness, courtesy and compassion. Just like they respond to negative emotions. How different are we really, from one another?

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-24-2001, 07:40 PM   #20
Lord Shield

It's a poem I've heard before from a black friend of mine
It would be silly for me to be racist, since my girlfriend is black and I'm not - it exists, though not ot the extent the telly would have you believe - a lot of "racial attacks" are muggings - however, there is still a lot of racial abuse - strangely enough a lot of it my g/f gets from old people :O (no offense to Fljotsdale (K))

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html