Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 12:36 AM   #1
Lily the Ranger

I wrote a wonderful and witting reply to your thread but when I accessed your thread to see what others said about the game only two replies were shown. There are supposed to be five . . . not a good omen. But, anyway, in a nutshell. Most complaints I have seen come from WIN 2000. I have asked my husband to check these out (he's the smart one/I'm the patient one) as we are looking at a new computer and I want to keep my game forever and ever. The class and race possibilities are a BLAST! I was having fun from the moment I created my characters. I do hate manuals. I started with a ton of characters . . . like the woman who lived in the shoe . . . just too many mouths to feed. When I restarted, unaware that I could rid myself of the buggy toad if I could kill him with one blow *guilt* , I did enjoy the reset game feature. It is like leaving home for the second time but with more stuff and wisdom. I have reset twice (first time my fault for over-looking the obvious), second time the toad thing. I really didn't mind. After finding this forum and the witty and helpful travellers therein, why should I rush to "finish" the game. It should be savored along with the spice offered here. Anyway, it rocked, dude. Buy it and come join us!

This is not a paid advertisement but I am open to offers!

Old 11-14-2000, 02:04 PM   #2
DomGrrl

Same thing happened to me....says 5 replies , but can only see 2. There are even bugs on the W&W forum? hahaha
My post said about the same, excellent game, well worth the money.

Old 11-14-2000, 02:48 PM   #3
Gaijin

Just a quick note concerning Win2000 for any that may not be aware.

W2K is NOT intended for the average home user! If you want to keep playing games and enjoying interactive multimedia AVOID IT like the plague! Since it's based on the Windows NT 4 kernel, it's more useful for businesses who want a high security platform for networking/intranet/etc. W2K interferes with direct hardware access, so it drags down multimedia performance in almost every respect unless you're running at LEAST a 500Mhz processor with a minimum of 128MB of RAM. Basically, you better have a hot-rod of a PC if you want to run games RELIABLY under W2K! Even then, you're likely to get better performance from Windows 98/SE/ME for games and multimedia.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, so I thought I'd toss it out there for the people having W2K problems. Lily, choose your OS for that new computer wisely!

If Micro$oft would try a little harder to inform their customers of things like this, there wouldn't be so many game message boards flooded with W2K users who can't get their games to work properly...

Old 11-15-2000, 01:53 AM   #4
Lily the Ranger

Tanks, Gaijin. My Computer Paladin has read your scroll and understands every bit of it. He gives a knowing nod and begins to study the map to the caves of Comp u'sa. My ratling begins to fold it up and see if it will fly. I am hoping the CP might join us but he seems to prefer sleepimg. Darn nymphs!