Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #81
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Morning, all [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Interesting time the last 24 hours... my daughter hurt her arm at gymnastics, and a trip to the med center confirmed it wasn't broken, probably just strained a little. That led to her not being able to finish one homework assignment, which put her to tears, afraid she was going to get some kind of homework deficiency notice. I told her I'd write to her teacher, and if her teacher had problems, I'd beat her up. That got a smile... and I'm sure a thought as to whether I really would

This morning, the dog was barking at a tree where I've frequently been seeing a bird fly in and out. I went to take a look, and saw a nest about 6 feet up with two baby birds in it. I called the kids so I could show them, and after showing the first one... the birds suddenly took to flight! I guess we were too close for mama bird's liking...

Anyway, one of the birds flew into a low bush... which was low enough for Pepper to be able to get to! Sure enough, he crashed into it and came out with a baby bird in his mouth!

Now, he's got a history of "breaking" the live toys he plays with... we still don't know what happened to that big old toad, but we have an idea.

Chased him down and managed to get him to drop the bird, but I'm sure he injured it and its hours are numbered. The kids saw, and they were very upset with Pepper.... they're convinced that no bird will like him now.

I'll have to head out later this morning to see if I can find that bird's body... before Pepper does.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #82
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
bleh, just found out my mp3 player doesn't support Vista, also found out that not many do. Creative has the stone or rock or whatever but it's got a max cap. of 1GB, I'm looking for something in the 6-8GB possibly 10 or more though. Any ideas of other brands I can look at? No ipods please, not a huge fan of Mac myself, they have their purpose I'm sure, just nothing that I'd use them for.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #83
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, Alaina's arm is okay, I dropped 4-3/4 this week (don't know how *that* happened, but 34-1/2 all told now), Corbin scored his first goal in soccer, and I successfully changed the blade on the lawnmower and broke it shortly thereafter.

Whee!!!!
-+-+-+
Old 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #84
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Glad your daughters alright Bungleau, and well done to your son for scoring his first goal in football

Today has been a good day.

I woke up around 10.30, no work to go to so I've done not much. Sorted out which work I need to revise, had some breakfast, and parents came in.

They're selling my dads car. Mazda RX-8 PZ (it's amazing) for a Mitsibishi Shogun and a car for me Either a Ford Ka or a Fiat Punto, they are leaning towards the Ka but I think it's a bit girly so I'd rather get the punto (plus I learn to drive in one!)

Then I get a text, football is organised for tomorrow after work and we have 10 people! No more stressing about trying to get enough before 6pm tomorrow.

All in all good day
Old 05-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #85
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, Ivelliis [img]smile.gif[/img] Fortunately, the third try at fixing the lawnmower worked, so I was able to cut the grass. Then I did more landscaping, cutting back lots of tree branches and such. Now... I'm tired... [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

Waiting for my wife to get back from a training class, and then it's off to dinner
-+-+-+
Old 05-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #86
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hope you're daughter is doing ok now, Bungleau!

Oh yes, gas did go up! Ouch! *that's the sound of my wallet crying!*

Spent half of today dancing like a chicken and waving cars into our church parking lot. Why, you ask? LOL, we had a barbecue chicken fundraiser and one of the kids was dressed like a chicken so we did a little chicken dance to attract customers!