Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-05-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

How long did it take you to get that many posts? And can any one beat it?

I was just curious!!

------------------
Neither Darkness Nor Light,Good nor Evil Will Prevail.

Only Lavindathar.
Old 06-05-2001, 02:03 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

You don't know what you have just done Lavindathar

And Welcome to the board!

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-05-2001, 02:03 PM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

It's called spamming. They do it by continuously writing one-liners and cheecky pointless comments within a short space of time. No one can accuse me of such a thing luckily.

Old 06-05-2001, 02:07 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
How long did it take you to get that many posts? And can any one beat it?

I was just curious!!

Read the following thread for an expose on this!

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001525.html

Old 06-05-2001, 02:11 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
It's called spamming. They do it by continuously writing one-liners and cheecky pointless comments within a short space of time. No one can accuse me of such a thing luckily.

I beg your pardon? Do some research, then come back! I've been accused of some of the lengthiest posts around in my day! And rarely (ask Moridin!) have I done one or even 3 word posts! And I do not count bumping valuable threads.

And again, if anyone has a problem with the NUMBERS, I say, don't look. Numbers are just that. And the day I am known only for the NUMBER of posts I've made, is the day I try another forum.

Cloudy

PS...er, I think you were joking, hmm? LOL
------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 06-05-2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
BladeMaster

Hey Cloudy. I know you do alot of posts but they are all really good posts and I have not seen you Spam once.

------------------

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-05-2001, 02:22 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I beg your pardon? Do some research, then come back! I've been accused of some of the lengthiest posts around in my day! And rarely (ask Moridin!) have I done one or even 3 word posts! And I do not count bumping valuable threads.

And again, if anyone has a problem with the NUMBERS, I say, don't look. Numbers are just that. And the day I am known only for the NUMBER of posts I've made, is the day I try another forum.

Cloudy

I think so, Cloudy. He did put the figures in!

I will back Cloudy up on this, though. She does quality posts. Same here; most of my posts are over in Wizards & Warriors and generally are on helping people out. I may post four or five in a row within a few minutes, but they are at least 2 paragraphs long and generally follow-ups to advice I'm giving on getting a player through a difficult part of the game, or helping them troubleshoot their settings to get the game to function properly.

Old 06-05-2001, 02:23 PM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

No, what?! My seriousness is in question!??

Old 06-05-2001, 02:25 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'm not saying I have NEVER spammed, because there was one thread at the beginning of this new forum that was almost nothing BUT spam, and I did participate for a little while. I may not always have deep-thought content, but I sure do try to communicate a thought or a feeling or info or a question when I post! I was just trying to make a point, I guess, for our new members.

The occasional spam (one word or silly/mindless) post is inevitible, but a steady habit of them just isn't something we do here! Gets monotonous after a while! Ask anyone who was in that first infamous thread!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-05-2001, 02:25 PM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I think so, Cloudy. He did put the figures in!

I will back Cloudy up on this, though. She does quality posts. Same here; most of my posts are over in Wizards & Warriors and generally are on helping people out. I may post four or five in a row within a few minutes, but they are at least 2 paragraphs long and generally follow-ups to advice I'm giving on getting a player through a difficult part of the game, or helping them troubleshoot their settings to get the game to function properly.

geez.....u lot need to chill, hehe