Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2003, 03:35 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I quit playing NWN at level 5 or 6. I heard about expansion does not require if you played first NWN or not; you start with a 1st level cha. will I be able to understand the main story if I miss the first game?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 03:49 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Easily. It's not connected to the original OC at all and is way WAY better. I'd give it a second chance if I were you.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:13 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Let me explain my problem. First NWN was a hit game but after few days I get bored because of sickly, diseased streets, dark places, quarantines, indoor areas and level cap Then I learned that in future chapters you get access to outdoor areas etc.. Can you give me information about SOU? Sou requires first NWN? And you start game in outdoor or indoor? plus I dont like scenarious like NWN. I like scenes like baldurs gate, icewind
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

You need NWN installed to play SoU. Yeah.

But, you start the game outdoors! And you get to run around in the snow, because it is winter! The SoU OC is a lot better than the original. It has a lot more variety (In the first one you always have to recover 3 or 4 items from 3 or 4 areas). I recommend getting the expansion.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:33 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Even though SoU starts outdoors, a lot of the time is spent in underground cave complexes, crypts, dungeons, etc. There are only 4 areas in the first chapter where you are actually outdoors and there is NOT a lot of action in those areas - at least compared to the amount of time spent underground. In the interlude, there are three above ground areas, but again the bulk of the action is underground. And chapter two is almost TOTALLY "underground". If you are looking for a totally outdoor experience, SoU may disappoint in that regard.

Once you get past chapter one in the NWN OC, there is a lot more above ground action in chapter 2 but there is still a lot of underground action as well.

I do agree that the story in SoU is MUCH better than the NWN OC. [img]smile.gif[/img] A LOT better.

If the level cap in the NWN OC bothered you, then I have bad news. The level cap is STILL in place for SoU. Level 20 is tops and will continue to be the upper limit until Bioware starts including Epic levels (which I hope they will NOT do)! If you start with a level 1 character in SoU (that's the way the game was designed) you will likely finish the game at level 12 or 13; my guess is that the story started in SOU will resume in the NEXT NWN expansion called Hordes of the Underdark.

The prestige classes do add a lot to the SoU game however, and the expansion is almost worth getting just for those.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote