Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 07:00 AM   #1
Arno
Welcomed New User

I luuuuuuuuurve RPGs, going way back to the early AD&D CRPGs, Eye of the Beholder, etc. Then I fell under Might & Magic's spell - even though the last 2 were a bit on the dodgy side, they were still RPGs and I could play in their world. I was rocking on Diablo 2 when WW lobbed onto the shelves and I snapped it up. Loaded that sucker up and - major disappointment. What was wrong, I couldn't really say, but I didn't like it. Then, having coughed up $80 for the game I thought I would have another try. Loved it!!!! Don't judge a book by it's cover, our mothers always told us - ain't it the truth?

Sure I've been frustrated with it (how's this for a dumb thing: in the crypt I got the crystal and marched up to the elevator door. Nothing happened. I clicked, jumped, swore, ran around - nothing. Started a new game - same problem. Read the board and nobody else was complaining. Hmm. Ran into the crypt again and what's that on the side of the elevator door? A crystal-shaped depression. Does it, could it possibly fit? By golly it does, and off I went. BTW, Scabban rocks big time! I thought the voice acting there was way cool "Yes, yes, yes" He scared the bejeezus out of me and he was just talking to me!

I haven't had any major bugs or crashes and hope not to Somewhat disappointed it doesn't work with my TNT2 card, but at least it works. And no Alt-Tabbing? Oh, well.

I think this board is great, the posts are helpful - thanx to Jinxter for his walkthrough re the lift maze in the Serpent Temple It's refreshing to see so much cooperation. Do you think we can start on the world next? Oh, except, that's probably the reason we all dig RPGs so much - it ain't RL

Cheers,
Me.
Old 11-14-2000, 09:24 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

Glad you've found help and enjoyment on this board! Wish we could start on the world next too! The results with this crowd would be very interesting!

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 01:33 PM   #3
Sloth

I had the EXACT same problem with the crystal in the crypt. Ever since then, I have paid EXTREMELY close attention to the walls.