Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 09:43 PM   #1
TrollKillr

Hey there everyone!

One of my characters has a little witchy-poo icon in the bottom left corner of his picture, which I believe indicates he is cursed. I have successfuly taken every item out of both his inventory and his equipment, but nothing seems to help. I have read that it is possible to have a cursed item, but even when I go to the temple, nothing appears in the boxes that you select to "uncurse".

I believe this curse happened when he was picking a treasure chest. I got a little greedy and had him keep trying.

When we are in battle and it's his turn, it reads "Lian is cursed and misses" .. or something close to that.

Any ideas on what to do?

Melia

Old 11-13-2000, 09:58 PM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Have you completely removed him from the party, left town, then returned, to add him to your party? I had a similar thing happen once, and this fixed it. Secondly, you may want to equip him (or her) with every possible item you have that you *know* is safe.. just to reset any possible flags that have been erroneously set.
Old 11-14-2000, 04:17 AM   #3
Astyanax12

Sounds like you've been hit by a curse from the chest itself. The only cure for that is a high level spell (forget which one) or paying oodles of dosh to the town temple. I got hit in the crypt when I was really poor, took me ages to scrape together the moolah for the greedy priesthood (harrumphh).

Old 11-14-2000, 05:38 AM   #4
xenotoca

only the temple can remove this curse. You dont use the uncurse just get him healed for as has been said lots of dosh. you can always use the money cheat to raise the cash if the sum seems excessive.

Old 11-14-2000, 01:38 PM   #5
Elara
The Magister

To uncurse your charactor, someone in the party would need the 7th level Spirit spell of Exorcism. (It also cures Insanity). Unfortunately if that character is the one cursed, the spell might not work.. oops.
Elara