Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2000, 08:28 PM   #1
DraGoNMasTeRMinD

I think i messed something up.. I just started chapter 5 with the Ice Salamanders and whatnot. So the head salamander told me to kill the head of the slave revolt. I went back to the slave place downstairs and spoke to the guy on the left (the one who was reading the books), and when i went to talk to the guy on the right (Gamesh or something), i accidentally clicked on the Farewell option before i could speak to him. Now when i attempt to speak to him, all i get is the farewell option. Is this a problem? I know about the woman in the upstairs part who is hiding from the Salamander, and i hope i can work something out with that... my last save game (other than my quicksave) is from right before i brought the Lich's phylactory into the other guy's tomb. I've done a lot since then and would definately not want to redo it.. any suggestions?
Old 07-20-2000, 12:24 AM   #2
kdogrex2

What about your Autosave?
That should be from when you entered the Salamander area.
Old 07-20-2000, 07:46 PM   #3
DraGoNMasTeRMinD

Nevermind, all i had to do was reveal the leader of the slaves to that salamander guy. Then i went and killed all the slaves, got the bridge building book, and killed Joril and his Frost Giants. But now i have another problem. I went into that furnace room (i guess) that was on the top of the Frost Salamander area - the one with the dead salamander out front and inside. So what do i do next? I dont have any new options to say to the Salamander leader... so where do i go from here?
Old 07-20-2000, 09:12 PM   #4
Wretched

Your next step should be to go fight the Fire Salamanders. I don't know of any furnace room, so you may have gone to the right area, but I think you'd know because you'll get the intro for the next chapter.

Basically, if you trekk east and north around the ice palace, you'll find a cave which will take you to where you need to go.
Old 07-21-2000, 07:31 PM   #5
DraGoNMasTeRMinD

Thanks, i'll try looking for that cave you mentioned.. now i have something else to share though.. It seems that my game has hit a little bit of a time loop. Everytime i talk to the ice salamander leader (Keresh i think), i get the option to talk to him about the slave revolt. I can continuously gain experience from telling him i killed the slave leader (Vera), and for slaying all the slaves. I hope this doesnt adversely affect my game, but for now its pretty cool.
Old 07-21-2000, 09:09 PM   #6
Wretched

That's a known bug... but it's CHEATING! Bad!

Heh, just kidding. I knew about the bug, but didn't exploit it in any way.