Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-31-2002, 03:05 PM   #11
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
[QB]Er, could be wrong, but havent the french been using that "One glass of wine a day" thing for YEARS?

Good excuse isn't it?

quote:
Who invented a Windows, a program you are probley using right now, as well as numerous major companys from all over the world. I belive it was an AMERICAN fronm the northwest.

Did he invent the crashes and the Blue Screen of Death too?

quote:
Who invented cars?

before or after motorbikes?

quote:
Who discovered electristy? I guess he could be considered British though.

afraid he was. Although he didn't discover it really as it was already there. He discovered how to harness it

quote:
Who invented the Light Bulb?

Thomas Edison. Did he invent that light bulb socket to go with it at the same time?

Can just imagine that.

"Hey, darling guess what. I've invented television.

No channels mind

Just this grey static"

Old 01-31-2002, 03:26 PM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Tsk tsk tsk..

Now who invented the spraycan before the wheel?? Now that is a really serious question guys and gals!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 01-31-2002, 03:36 PM   #13
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Ah yes, and who dedicated his whole life studying the sexual life of flowers?
That's right, a swede [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 03:42 PM   #14
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well, who invented the uhhh... depression cannon, thats right Gibraltar (beat that . [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] I dont know if many of you know this already but the first skull of a prehistoric man was actually found in Gibraltar, the team that found it (two men) decided it was not really an important find and they kept it in their study on their shelf, a couple of years later the Neanderthal (excuse my spelling) man skull was found. After reading an article of it in a newspaper the two men who had found the skull had a good look at it and they decided to hand it in to an university in England. It was indeed older then the skull found in Neanderthal, so if the skull had been handed in a year earlier early man would have been known as "The Gibraltar woman".
Old 01-31-2002, 03:44 PM   #15
catzenpewters
Manshoon

* scratches head *

I know Canajuns invented SOMETHING...

Hmmm...

Basketball!

oh, and the CANADARM

umm... oh and CANDU nuclear reactors

errrr.... that's all I can think of
Old 01-31-2002, 03:59 PM   #16
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Who started World War I? We did.
Who started World War II? We did.
Well, Germans don't have much to be proud of, nor do we want to (Probably the most anti-patriotic and anti-nationalistic nation there is today). To get back on topic:

I'd read something that alcohol improves health (more than just the "Glass of Red Wine a day") but this study is amazing! So my classmates are actually IMPROVING their health by partying and getting insanely drunk at least once a week... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 04:02 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I'd read something that alcohol improves health (more than just the "Glass of Red Wine a day") but this study is amazing! So my classmates are actually IMPROVING their health by partying and getting insanely drunk at least once a week... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

I doubt that's true, drinking to the point of drunkenness cannot be healthy, sounds like my classmates.... And even though it might improve their physical health, what about their mental health? My classmates sometimes act as though they were all dropped as babies.... Or kicked....
Old 01-31-2002, 04:03 PM   #18
Lord Shield

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
[QB]Who started World War I? We did.
Who started World War II? We did.
Well, Germans don't have much to be proud of, nor do we want to (Probably the most anti-patriotic and anti-nationalistic nation there is today). To get back on topic:

you also trashed us Brits at European Football [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2002, 05:04 PM   #19
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Germany has a few things to be proud of.

What about Albert Eienstien? Well he was a German/Jew but still.

You renoun for your beer,hehehe.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]

Old 01-31-2002, 06:27 PM   #20
Lord Shield

Don't forget the Classical musicians too

And the Bratwurst ~yum~