Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-01-2001, 08:16 PM   #1
mgdorsey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I installed the patch and i dont know if that is the prob, but wyverns gold cheat doesnt work for me. Yes i followed the steps exactly. I used the roster editor that i downloaded and i can change stats, but when i add gold it disappears as soon as i try to pool it, even if i go outside the gates. Any knew gold cheats besides adding new party members forever? thanks
mgdorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The patch removes the "Inn Gold Cheat" if that's what you are referring to.

There's the "Buy Arrows" trick, which sell for more than you pay for them. You can try that route, although it takes a lot longer.

Other than that, you'll have to wait until you make someone a Ranger and get him/her the Fletchery trait, so they can start manufacturing arrows.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 02:27 PM   #3
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"I used the roster editor that i downloaded and i can change stats".
Where can I download this roster editor? The gold trick Ive been using in the inn has just been.. Keep one real character, remove the others. Create 5 newbies, add them, pool gold to real character, delete the newbies. Then repeat. Is there a different way?
jlink
jlinkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 03:46 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

jlinkk - there is ANOTHER way IF you are not running the patch.

The gold cheat without the patch is to pool all the gold to the last character and save outside of town. Enter the town and pool the gold to the first character, remove the last character, add the last character and then repool the gold.
The game is storing the information on the characters from the last save - so it still believes that last character has all this gold even though you just pooled it to the first character. Do that a few times and then go outside the gates and save again - and you can have millions within 5 minutes.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:37 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The easiest way to do the Gold Bug trick is:

1) Create your characters in the Inn.

2) Add all the characters to the group and exit the Inn.

3) Pool all the gold to the lead character.

4) Re-enter the Inn, and remove all the characters but the lead character.

5) Add the characters back to the party.

6) Exit the Inn, and pool all the gold to the lead character.

Repeat steps 4-6 ad nauseum. You'll keep pooling the other's gold, and you won't need to delete characters to do it.

After you get a bit of gold (say, 10,000), pool it to one character (the 2nd one is best), and exit the town with the party. Good idea to save.

Now re-enter the town, and pool the gold to the lead character.

Re-enter the Inn, and remove all the characters other than the Lead character.

Add only the character (2nd character) that you pooled the gold from to the lead character.

Do steps 4-6 above now with only the lead character & the second character, and you'll increase your gold at a much faster rate.

Keep doing a strategy like this, and in no time you can have 10,000,000 GP (which is all you can carry in 1 bag...must be a substantial bag! If you go above 10,000,000, two gold sacks will appear in your inventory screen, which takes up more space.)

Hope this helps.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote