Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Hey y'all!
I havn't played in months but I it's time to try another party. I'm thinking of a party of all Fairies. I only want 3 or 4 at most. Am I crazy, or is it doable? I would love some advice and suggestions before I start; thanks.
I really like to play parties of all the same characters. I don't mind changing professions once or twice though. Formations would also be a big help.

[ 06-06-2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 05-29-2004, 11:59 AM   #2
SkyRanger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Never thought of a party of all faerie's. Would be interesting to use an editor and create several Fighters at ... oh say level 50 and kill every creature in the game. Post it if you try the Faeries. Like to see how it turns out.
SkyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:31 PM   #3
Silpion
Dungeon Master

Ah party planning, my favorite part of the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I guess you'll have some troubles at the beginning, but it won't be an issue later.

The standard fairy ninja with his CoC is always a good choice, especially in an all fairy party.

I always try to cover all magic areas and I like bishops so this would be the second.

Since fairies are good at magic, an additional caster would be intuitive but I have had always use for a second tank because I tend to use continous combat for boring fights and let the melee characters hack and slash while I distract myself with something else.

Interesting melee fairies I can think of:
- A rogue. Can use nearly all daggers, including Canezou, Thieves and Sprite's Dagger.
- A monk. Fairies and monks can't wear most armor so this wouldn't hurt, can use most staffs including Zatoichi Bo.
- A samurai. Can wear Antones Fairy-Armor and use nearly all samurai weapons including Muramasa Blade. A single level in another class to gain stealth wouldn't be a bad idea (although a boring one).

The rogue would level faster (read: gain strength) and probably dish out more damage but additional magic isn't bad either.

Hey, this all fairie party is more interesting than I initially thought. Good luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:03 PM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I think I'll need the luck!
Should I start them all Rogue?
Where should I put my stats to start?
Old 05-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I finished 3 Faeries: Ninja without class changes; Bishop and Bard with Stealth level at L5 (Rogues). Bard can wear sll the Bard stuff, Bishop can wear the Xanarax and Doll's Armor, and Ninja, of course, with Ninja garb. As you find them, you can upgrade with the all-character items like Brilliant Helm, Canezou, Spike boots, etc.
Aside from the CoC; Bish got Doom, Bard got a Sprite's Dagger and Stiletto until i got a Light (one of only 2 games i got one from the chest on first try...)
Maxxed Dex first on all, so they could build their AC more (did Reflextion training as for Stealth) and 2 Vit/ 1 Str for the non-Ninjas (foregoing Powercast on the Bish--not such a terrible thing) and 1 Str 1 Spd 1 Sen for the Ninja until Dex maxxed, then 2 Str 2 Vit 1 Spd 1 Sen.

I didn't do it for that game, but if you start the Ninja as Alchemist, you get enough bonus to qualify for Ninja in 3 levels if you pump Str and Vit, and a much better start vis-a-vis Dex and magic. (for equipment purposes, start a Non-Faerie Ninja and recycle to Faerie Alchemist)

For the Bard, you can start a Lord for the Rapier and Main Gauche, recycle to Bard and buy the stuff, Bard stuff is cheap.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:09 PM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

What formation should I use so that all 4 can attack with short range weapons?
Old 05-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I wonder what would happen if you had one on each flank and two in the back. None in the middle or front. Would they close in on the flank or be drawn into the center? If they came in the center, all could reach with short range weapons. Or, only the flanks could be attacked, leaving the guys in back useless. The best way may be the usual, spread out across the middle with one or two on the flanks. If one of the flanks don't get engaged, do a temp move to the other flank. My 2c.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:41 PM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, 2 in the middle and 1 on each side; I'll try it. I'm just getting my stealth up, I'm currently on round 2400!
Old 05-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #9
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I believe it. Those faeries aren't too effective in melee early on. Let us know how it goes...
Old 05-30-2004, 05:29 PM   #10
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

ooops, i just reread my post...Faerie Bard can't wear the torso or leg parts of the Bard aromor; only the cloak and shoes.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote