Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2001, 06:26 PM   #1
Alex Bunten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi -

Used this website for quite a few games, but just registered.
I've looked through the forum and do not believe this has been posted.
Can anyone tell me where the Gauntlets of Ogre Power are located? I've played all the way through BG1 and have ToSC loaded up now and did not even know about the Gauntlets. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2001, 06:53 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I hate posting too-easy answers to questions like this, so I'll be oblique. The Gauntlets are in BG city, and there's a quest that directs you to them. (This quest is more interesting if Coran's in your party. [img]smile.gif[/img] ) After dark, make your way to the Splurging Sturgeon Inn. Right outside, a mage named Brielbara will speak to you and tell you about another mage named Yago. Take this quest, and you can't miss the Gauntlets.
Of course, if you don't have a map of the city, what I just told you is of no help. Then again, if you don't have a map of the city, that usually means you've got a burned copy of the game, so I guess that's fair.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:56 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Oh--and welcome to the board, by the way! Sorry you got such an uptight reponse to your first post--I just think it's more fun (and more personally rewarding) to go find stuff for yourself. Just the way I am. Don't worry, the next post will probably give the Gauntlets' exact location.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 07:11 AM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

I would do Six', but I can't remember it . Although, if memory serves me correctly, aren't there two sets with TotSC installed?
Old 11-21-2001, 11:13 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'm certainly of the opinion that there's only one set, even with ToSC. (Although ToSC does provide you with a third set of Full Plate and a 4th--yes, a 4th--Bastard+1, +3 against shapeshifters.)
Old 11-21-2001, 05:24 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Its located in a ship tavern. Second floor down, you'll meet two female fighters. Accept their challenge, kill em, recieve the gauntlets.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001, 10:17 AM   #7
Zbyszek

I can confirm - there is only one set of gauntlets
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 04:59 AM   #8
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

That's strange, as I seem to remember a second set (it wasn't of any use as the only person that would've benefitted from it needed the Gauntlets of Dexterity too.) Could of sworn there was another set.
Old 11-25-2001, 05:04 AM   #9
dex_man
Dungeon Master

Six you said about only people who have burned the game dont have a map well i gotta disagre i brought my version brand new it was BG and TotSC bundled together and i did not recieve a map of anykind (which kinda peeved me off a bit) but um yeah i thought i'd jst say coz this guy might be like me

Thats all sorry if i raved on a bit to much
dex_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 12:49 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

That's bizarre--why the heck would BioWare market a version that didn't include a map of BG city? I suppose Ramazith's Tower and the Duchal Palace are easy enough landmarks to find, but how the heck are you supposed to find Oberon's estate, the Flaming Fist headquarters and all the Inns?

You did get a manual, right, Dex_man?