Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2001, 05:50 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Are these guys whacked out or what? I've been reading about their various stupid acts for the last few years but these guys gotta stay out of the opium fields. They are currently blowing up every statue in Afghanistan, including two very large artifacts which feature Buddha. These have been around hundreds of years. They seem to detest women(personally I like them, who needs a date?),harbor known terrorists (Bin Ladin),and generally hate everyone who doesnt think the way they do. Just crazy, shelling statues. Sorry if I babbled but this is ridiculous
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 05:52 PM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Hi LoA,
Just hope for your sake there are no muslim fundamentalists on the boards or they'll put a fatwah on you. A flame war I can handle, a Jihad..um maybe not.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-02-2001).]
Old 03-02-2001, 06:01 PM   #3
Hesperex

I was thinking much the same thing LofA whwn I was watching BBC news last night and they had a feature on them. Crazy Mofos

------------------
Old 03-02-2001, 06:02 PM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well no need to worry LoA, if the Talibans uses the internet they are violating their own "laws" all that doesn´t excist in the holy book is forbidden. Yeah, like they had Kalashnikov´s and RPG7´s back then.. no female teachers and all that. They were one of the most well educated people back then when we sent troups to kill the "unfaithful savages" they head well documented medicine knowledge and let the westernes have their own churches..

Thats religion for you, I mean aren´t the most of Christianity and all that supposed to be a message of love and understanding? How come so many miuses the hole idea to excuse their own idioticy???
Blasted, these fanatics are giving me chills...

Well let them in here and we show them how to behave.. Here we understand each others or are trying to. Language threads and all...

------------------

::WOLFGIR::
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 06:04 PM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

I HATE THESE GUYS !
Now they destroy statues that are unvaluable pieces of art, that have been here for near 20 centuries, and that hold part of the culture and soul of a whole country !
I HATE THESE GUYS !!!
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 06:07 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmm, I hadnt thought of that Sir Tainly, now I'll have to hide out with Salmon Rushdie. Although the Iranians dont like the Taliban. Guess I better go into hiding anyway. Dont tell anyone where I live ok? What the hell I'm in Ulan Bator and Taliban come get me. Saw your pic on Stealthy's site Sir Tainly, how did your football season go?
Old 03-02-2001, 06:15 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree Lord of Alcohol. You couldn't pay me to visit those lands. I often have wondered why certain countries are so self destructive and uncivilized. BTW, guess what? We nixed the house of leaks. Wanna hear about it?

------------------
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 06:19 PM   #8
Sir_Tainly

Hi LofA,

Well the last season I played in, 1999-2000, when I was still at Uni, the team reached National Quarter finals, and we only lost the game in the last few minutes. Thanks for asking, the glory days seem a long time ago now.

------------------
Old 03-02-2001, 06:20 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sure LadyWendy! What happened? And should Mr Taliban come knockin he will meet Mr Mini-14 hahaha
Old 03-02-2001, 06:22 PM   #10
Sir_Tainly

Aaargh why do I feel the need to hide. Gun toting American meets suicidal fundamentalist. - I hope you've all got good insurance!

------------------